Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gathering the parts, building a reprap from junk

Posted by Unes 
Gathering the parts, building a reprap from junk
January 12, 2014 09:41PM
Hello reprappers..

I started this 3 days ago, the build will be mostly from salvaged parts but I still have to buy few things..

I have 3 old printers (epson) that gave me the motors (5 NEMA 17/unipolar /1.80 deg/5 wires by Shinano Kenshi), the smooth rods, Bearings and Belts, the power supply.. I also have a pc table which I'll take the sliders, wood.. etc from. My friend has a printer/scanner repair workshop and he can give me what ever I need.

Here what left: Some printed parts, Extruder parts, PCB/Electronics, controller, hotbed.. what else?

Now, it's a little ambiguous, I'll make a list of what I have/ What I need, BOM, and determine what model I'm going to build. Any helpful suggestion or remark would be appreciated smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 04:53PM by Unes.
Re: Gathering the parts, building a reprap from junk
January 13, 2014 11:17PM
Hi Unes, welcome. smiling smiley You probably read this thread already, but just in case: JunkBot. A few other links you might find interesting: ReuseDaBox, and RepStraps.
January 15, 2014 12:55PM
I just added the rough BOM for the JunkBot. It will at least give you the basics for what's involved. [reprapsquad.wordpress.com]

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
January 15, 2014 08:47PM
Thank you guys smiling smiley

I read those topics and they gave me a lot on insights,
for the steppos, do they have to be of the same nature?
on the electronics side I have to buy them from china, honk kong or taiwan because of low shipping (and customs) what do you guys recommend?

like this extruder
January 16, 2014 12:45PM
The steppers only need to match rotational degrees. Ex: 1.8 degrees. But if you have two steppers for your z axis they should be exact matches. Otherwise you will be fighting them the whole way. I bought my ramps board through geeetech on eBay and it came from that area. The majority of parts came from China as I can get them way cheaper even with long delivery.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
February 13, 2014 12:50AM
You can get the ATX power supply and a fan out of an old PC. You can also find end stops from a computer mouse.

Here is a similar thread that I started in a different forum: [groups.google.com]

mnutsch
www.3dtransform.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login