Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoreXZ

Posted by nicholas.seward 
Re: CoreXZ
December 04, 2015 05:44PM
Hi... sorry for my bad english.. I read this only now...

In MarlinKimbra in configuration_core.h you can set the moltiplicator for set 3:1 XZ..
/*****************************************************************************************
 ************************************* Core settings *************************************
 *****************************************************************************************
 * This define the moltiplicator axis from X to Y or Z in COREXY or COREXZ.              *
 * Example:                                                                              *
 * COREXY set COREX_YZ_FACTOR 1                                                          *
 * The result is:                                                                        *
 * X = dX + COREX_YZ_FACTOR * dY = dX + 1 * dY = dX + dY                                 *
 * Y = dX - COREX_YZ_FACTOR * dY = dX - 1 * dY = dX - dY                                 *
 * Z = dZ                                                                                *
 *                                                                                       *
 * COREXZ set COREX_YZ_FACTOR -3                                                         *
 * The result is:                                                                        *
 * X = dX + COREX_YZ_FACTOR * dZ = dX + -3 * dZ = dX - 3dZ                               *
 * Y = dY                                                                                *
 * Z = dX - COREX_YZ_FACTOR * dZ = dX - -3 * dZ = dX + 3dZ                               *
******************************************************************************************/
#define COREX_YZ_FACTOR 1
/*****************************************************************************************/

COMPRA ITALIANO - sostieni le nostre aziende - sostieni la nostra gente - sostieni il tuo popolo - sosterrai te stesso.
Alberto C. felice possessore di una Kossel K2
My Blog - My Thingiverse
December 22, 2015 05:21AM
Hi, awesome job!
This design is incredible and i am also making it at school in spain for my students, i have clear the x and z part, now we are in holidays but i need help with the y part when we return to school, we dont understand how the bed connects to the y motor, to made the movement, we dont see it in the models of gitub, someone can explain it to me?

How only 1 motor in y ,can move it front and back with the same system of 625vvs
?

A paint or a explain will we much appreciated of if i need some extra hardware.
In the x and z part, i made the tension with screws and no guitar plugs.
Very thanks in advance

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2015 05:29AM by neox3.
December 23, 2015 12:20PM
neox3

How only 1 motor in y ,can move it front and back with the same system of 625vvs?

scottyorr posted an implementation on thingiverse, which includes video. That should explain how everything works
December 29, 2015 12:22AM
PurpleLego
neox3

How only 1 motor in y ,can move it front and back with the same system of 625vvs?

scottyorr posted an implementation on thingiverse, which includes video. That should explain how everything works
Hi I saw the video and still get the same question as some other, i think i the string need to attach to the bed at some position right ?
If you can draw a sketch similar to the one for XZ axis in page 1, it will be a great help
Thank you
December 29, 2015 02:28AM
Green things are grounded and blue things move in the Y direction.

ConceptFORGE
Wally, GUS Simpson, LISA Simpson, THOR Simpson, Sextupteron, CoreXZ
December 31, 2015 02:56AM
nicholas.seward
Green things are grounded and blue things move in the Y direction.

[attachment 68455 corexzbed.png]
Wow, silly me, i dont thing about the other end will be tied down to ground. Thank you Nicholas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2015 02:56AM by solarprism.
January 18, 2016 06:01PM
Thanks Nicholas.
February 29, 2016 10:58AM
Hi, my name ryan from Indonesia , i am trying to build corexz too

[www.youtube.com]

Using repetier firmware 0.92, just need to add ; in 2 lines, if its error when compile.

Thx nicholas !
March 01, 2016 09:16PM
Test print
[www.youtube.com]

WIth autobed level
[www.youtube.com]

Thx
March 17, 2016 05:42PM
ryannining
Test print
[www.youtube.com]

WIth autobed level
[www.youtube.com]

Thx

hi, can you tell me how do you implemented the firmware? what do you change for corex xz? i tried repitier firmware and marlin kimbra with same results...

i have a big problem, i made a setup like the original, compiled, but in repitier if i say that it moves to the left +10, it moves to the left and up at the same time! and if i say to the right, it moves right and down.... up and down in z , doesnt runs.... i dont know what is happening... some help will be aprecciated!
Re: CoreXZ - SmoothieBoard
April 28, 2016 08:22AM
Hi all,

I have a problem with the Core XZ on my Smoothieboard.

I used JNJ's method for connecting the motors as per below..

# arm_solution corexz # selects the corexz solution

# x_reduction 1.0 # standard CoreXZ has no reduction on x axis
# z_reduction 3.0 # standard CoreXZ has 3X reduction on z axis
# alpha_steps_per_mm 55 # xz motor 1
# beta_steps_per_mm 55 # xz motor 2
# gamma_steps_per_mm 110 # y axis motor[/i]

It all moves fine EXCEPT when I home the Y axis ... this makes the Z move..
I think this is because your alpha and beta motors become the X and Z axis.. hence the smoothie does not recognise the true Y axis?

Is it easy ( or how can I do it ) to make the xz motors the actual XZ motors on the smoothie?

Or do you have another solution for homing maybe?
Attachments:
open | download - Core XZ with Laser.jpg (523.5 KB)
November 15, 2016 05:51PM
Good night nicholas.seward I'm curious if you made modifications to the printer Core XZ, a nice project. Hugs.
November 15, 2016 06:04PM
@rsenas: I haven't changed much. I have switch two of my machines from a geared extruder to a direct extruder. Other than that, it works great.

The biggest negative of this printer is the resonance that happens when you turn corners due to all the stretch in the string. This could be solved with higher test string. For me, the problem is only cosmetic at higher speeds so I have no motivation to fix it.

ConceptFORGE
November 16, 2016 04:04PM
It's good that the model does not have big changes. Thank you and great day.
November 23, 2016 10:39AM
Good morning MagoKimbra, could you inform me how to modify corexz to core xy? I want to place it on top of the printer in cube format and the z axis goes down. Thank you and I await. Hugs.
July 05, 2017 01:43PM

Would this work as Z=1:2, X=1:2 ?

I'amnot good at this:-P

Thanks Jesper
July 05, 2017 01:49PM
That is a great arrangement. It will work.

ConceptFORGE
July 05, 2017 02:12PM
Okay maybe I will try it then.
Is it correct as 1:2 on both x and z?
July 05, 2017 02:17PM
You are correct but I would just use 1 for both and then use the steps/mm to calibrate. The ratio between the two is the real important number and yours is 1:1.

ConceptFORGE
July 05, 2017 03:24PM
Yes of couse :-) that is the easy part.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login