Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Micro text printing methods suggestions?

Posted by rrr7 
Micro text printing methods suggestions?
September 01, 2014 01:32PM
Has anyone developed methods, settings, guidelines or tools to guide someone trying to produce fine markings and text in or on surfaces on printed parts?
I have seen many objects printed with large extruded or recessed lettering, but I'm looking for the smallest text recessed in the surface or just 1 layer high.
ex: rulers, protractors, sextant, identification markings on objects etc...
I did not find many SUCCESSFULLY printed examples with searches. There are many models on thingiverse but few were shown with small text or scales printed well.
Hopefully someone knows of single color material methods.
Thanks-
Anonymous User
Re: Micro text printing methods suggestions?
September 02, 2014 02:43AM
this is a good idea. i always do the labeling after the print. but i guess this is doable. ill try this one too
Re: Micro text printing methods suggestions?
September 04, 2014 12:25AM
I think you'd have a lot of trouble with recessed text that small. I can see the adjacent perimeters just completely obliterating the recess. I've done features about 2 layers high and two perimeters thick that turned out well but I had to spend a lot of testing and tuning parameters in the slicer to get good results. Cura was much better at this than Slic3r, didn't try any of the others, but it was still a bit of guesswork and experimentation to get the result I wanted. 1 layer high should have no extra problems and you could probably get it down to a single perimeter line.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login