Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ESP8266 Wifi module

Posted by TRoager 
ESP8266 Wifi module
October 08, 2014 01:12PM
Hello folks

Has anyone tried to incorporate the ESP8266 module to the arduino?

This could make our printers wireless smiling smiley

- TRoager
Re: ESP8266 Wifi module
October 09, 2014 03:08PM
In this german Article it says that the Inputs are not 5V compatible, this might cause some trouble. Other than that. Give it a try.

What do you want to use to send the G-Code to the printer? You will need something that sends the G-Codes to a TCP Socket instead of a Serial Line.
October 09, 2014 03:51PM
Hmm interesting, i didnt think of it like that.
Im not that sharp on the internet things yet. I thought more of it like a BT module, and thats wrong of me.

Then i Can see its gonna be alittle Harder :b
October 09, 2014 06:24PM
The RAMPS 1.4 wiki discusses using a BT module for PC communication. I never tried it, but would be interested in knowing anyone's experiences.
October 10, 2014 01:44AM
Pronterface will send to tcp, Not sure of the details, but I know its not obvious from the gui

re BT, been talking a guy threw setting it up see [forums.reprap.org]
He says he has it working.

Most just use a raspberry Pi and octoprint, Nice web gui, seems to work well

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 01:54AM by Dust.
October 10, 2014 03:05AM
The Duet electronics has an Ethernet port, and its firmware runs a web server. So a printer using the Duet can be operated wirelessly by connecting an inexpensive wireless Ethernet bridge to the Ethernet port. It would be nice to have a variant of the Duet electronics with the wireless adapter on board.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login