Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

firmware issue

Posted by usman 
firmware issue
February 25, 2015 12:14PM
hello!
I've a problem in uploading firmware on ramps 1.4 .when i upload test code(which is given on reprap site ) in it then motors move properly .but when i upload firmware (sprinter , marlin ) on ramps then motor doesn't move properly .
motors just create vibration but not mover .. i'm making prusa mendel iteration 2 . please help me out from this issue .
Re: firmware issue
February 25, 2015 07:17PM
They might be underpowered. The test code moves the steppers quite slowly. If you're driving the motors faster with RAMPS loaded, but the vref for your stepper drivers is too low, you'll get vibration without movement. Check the reprap wiki for instructions on setting vref. [reprap.org]

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
February 26, 2015 07:57PM
Might also be, you forgot to set three jumpers located on the ramps, under each stepper driver. In this case the stepper would not be driven in microstepping mode and cause extensive vibration and less or no movement.

The problem might also be caused by a contact failure of the motor, when being powered on only one of its two phases.

Best regards

Martin
February 27, 2015 07:03AM
mbttger
Might also be, you forgot to set three jumpers located on the ramps, under each stepper driver. In this case the stepper would not be driven in microstepping mode and cause extensive vibration and less or no movement.

They'd actually move much faster. Unless you exceed their max. RPM, so trying with very slow movments (F100, F200) is a good idea. Sooner or later one wants to raise microstepping by inserting these jumpers, that's right.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 27, 2015 01:50PM
thanks buddy
but actually i'm using these stepper motors on 'FULL" steps mode as required , so for full steps there is no need to connect any jumper .. okay if i connect those jumpers the thing that change will only change in steps of motor .
March 02, 2015 08:21AM
Hello usman,

You can take the belts off the pulleys and check wether the motors are turning or just vibrating. In case of "just vibrating" the motors are underpowered or not fully contacted.

In case if "turning", its highly recommended to set them in microstepping mode. Full step settings on belt driven Prusa have enormous vibrations.
On my first attempts, all nuts became visible loose by vibration and some of them fell off in autorotation.

Best regards

Martin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login