Re: Linear electric motors, and high speed printing in general
January 11, 2018 06:48PM
I've been working on a blog but the updates have been quite sporadic. Eventually I'll review all the posts and turn it into a proper build log.

[www.everythingbends.com]

I browsed your site and actually found the printed bellows to be very interesting, as in my experience custom bellows tend to be expensive and hard to source. Lasers are fun but I hope to never find myself in a situation where an interferometer is necessary.

Can you tell me if the Parker ViX drive causes any sort of audible noise from the linear motors? I can't get the IONI to be quiet.
January 12, 2018 10:32AM
The videos here have audio: [www.everythingbends.com]

The baseline ambient noise is a low-rpm 120mm fan, and the servos are barely audible above that. There is a very mild hum at rest which gets overpowered by the bearings and other moving parts in motion. I would describe the servos as mostly silent.
January 12, 2018 04:29PM
The videos here have audio: [www.everythingbends.com]

The baseline ambient noise is a low-rpm 120mm fan, and the servos are barely audible above that. There is a very mild hum at rest which gets overpowered by the bearings and other moving parts in motion. I would describe the servos as mostly silent.

Thank you for the info!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login