Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DC42 m114, extruder posistion

Posted by D9ve 
DC42 m114, extruder posistion
January 26, 2016 08:26AM
Hi, quick question,

Working on the rotational position of the extra DOF (attached as extruder).

When sending the M114 command the response I get will be similar to:

M114
X:62.58 Y:0.00 Z:3.54 E0:0.0 E1:0.0 E2:0.0 E3:0.0 E4:0.0 E5:0.0 Count 5006 0 14158 0 0 -830 -270 0 -360
ok

Now I have rotated some of the extruder but their absolute position does not seem to appear here!

is there a way to get the information for the extruders displayed like X Y and Z...

you can only see the counts of the extruders that I have moved!

thanks
dave
Re: DC42 m114, extruder posistion
January 26, 2016 11:11AM
hummm... i'm guessing that the count for the extruders is not accumulative like the count for the xyz am I correct?

thanks again
January 26, 2016 12:26PM
You are right, it's a bug. I will fix it in my next release.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 01, 2016 05:42AM
Superb, I will look forward to the next release 1.09n or greater.

I may like to modify some parts of your firmware in the future, but for now I am keeping control purely software based for easy upgrades. If I can release my work, I would be happy for you to integrate this multi DOF as an extra option. Or perhaps I should create another fork!?

Dave
February 01, 2016 07:27AM
D9ve
Superb, I will look forward to the next release 1.09n or greater.

I may like to modify some parts of your firmware in the future, but for now I am keeping control purely software based for easy upgrades. If I can release my work, I would be happy for you to integrate this multi DOF as an extra option. Or perhaps I should create another fork!?

Dave

Whether I am happy to integrate your changes will depend on on a few things:

1. How extensive your changes are. I would prefer not to have too many #if and #ifdef directives in the code.

2. Whether your changes meet my standards for readability. static checking, and coding style.

In my current (1.09r) release, some of the hardware differences are now controlled by the Pins_duet.h file. You may be able to make some of your changes in there, e.g. to configure the number of axes.

- David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login