Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i3 prusa

Posted by parineet 
i3 prusa
April 02, 2016 01:48PM
i am building my own 3D printer. but there is a problem with the printer, when power goes off it start printing from the beginning i want it to resume printing from where it stopped. can anyone help me with that?
Re: i3 prusa
April 04, 2016 12:40PM
No.

You could use an uninterruptable power supply or a car batter to supply everything if you are havibg trouble with power outages interrupting your prints.
April 05, 2016 02:04PM
will EEPROM with arduino work?
April 05, 2016 03:49PM
you cannot start again unless you find the exact position where it stopped in the gcode

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
April 05, 2016 06:02PM
also if you have a heated bed and it cools off, the part will most likely pop off the bed. (depends on what method of adhesion your using)
April 05, 2016 06:29PM
Dust
also if you have a heated bed and it cools off, the part will most likely pop off the bed. (depends on what method of adhesion your using)

That's a good point that I hadn't thought of. I vaguely thought I'd read about support for UPS monitoring with the shutdown routine writing the coordinates to eeprom and moving the head out of the way so that a restart would be possible. Am I dreaming or does anyone else remember it?
April 07, 2016 05:10PM
i was thinking who other day why can't the gcode or some script that labels every z move as layer 1,2 etc. so then when you pause it would go finish the last layer always then always start on the nxt layer on resume

up and running
April 07, 2016 09:39PM
The MKS TFT28 V1.2 display touch screen actually has this feature, it monitors when you lose power and keeps a note of it.

This LCD is really a small controller, and has ups functions...

Ive not tried this... and I suspect the heated bed is still an issue...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 09:40PM by Dust.
April 08, 2016 01:22PM
i got tft32 same power module connect it with ups print saved

up and running
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login