Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D printer in Wi-Fi/LAN network

Posted by dpuchta 
3D printer in Wi-Fi/LAN network
November 19, 2018 04:00AM
Hi,

I am building FDM cartesian 3D printer and in the future, I would like to add the possibility to send data and some basic commands (like stop the print or unload filament) via Wi-Fi/LAN. I do not neccesarily need to use Octoprint. The 3D printer should work the same like the classic inkjet printer connected via Wi-Fi/LAN. But I also need to use my own firmware with added functionality based on some of the firmware which already exists.

Could you please recommend me which printer board and which firmware (Marlin, Repetier, …) I should use?
Re: 3D printer in Wi-Fi/LAN network
November 19, 2018 04:23AM
Expensive Version: Duet WiFi

Cheap Version RAMPS + ESP8266
[www.youtube.com]
Firmware --> use what you like
Use Webbrowser for basic operation or connect to Repetier Host for full control.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 04:26AM by Dancer.
November 19, 2018 05:22PM
As Dancer says. The Duet also gives you a comprehensive web interface and fast file upload to the SD card through the web interface.

You haven't said what firmware changes you want to make, but it may be that the macro support on the Duet makes some of them unnecessary. Users are constantly finding new ways of using the macros to do things that in any other firmware would require firnware source code changes.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 01, 2019 12:00AM
you can use Karya controller firmware wich run on ESP8266 hardware and it can be controlled using WebSocket, TCP/IP, or IOT style (it ask command to my server [www.karyahub3d.xyz])

you can upload gcodes to [www.karyahub3d.xyz], or build your own GCODES server.

[github.com]
March 21, 2019 01:00PM
Thanks a lot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login