Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Screen protector for MSLA printer

Posted by Oliver3D 
Screen protector for MSLA printer
December 31, 2018 04:52AM
Hello, I'm building my own MSLA 3D printer. And I'm stuck with attaching protective glass to the mask (LCD). There are two options:
1) Create my own protective glass using 5mm thick plexiglass. I would attach it using LOCA glue. This assembly will be very strong, but not very scratch resistant. Air bubbles shouldn't be a big problem.
2) Use professional protective glass [www.aliexpress.com]. It has some glue on it and you attach it just by hand (like you would attach protective glass for your phone). But it's very thin and there's a high risk of air bubbles.

I've designed the printer for option 1, but now I'm more inclined towards using professional glass. It seems, that creating custom protective glass is more complicated than I thought. What are your thoughts? Do you have any experience with MSLA (or SLA LCD) printers?

Here's photo of the printer:

Re: Screen protector for MSLA printer
December 31, 2018 12:59PM
A mechanical (clamped) assembly wouldn't work? This would let you change the glass or the lcd (I hear they burn out annoyingly frequently) when needed ?

With the adhesive, can you use the water+soap trick? I dont know perhaps this only works with some adhesive systems. Ive used it for headlight protectors and such to be able to position the piece and reduce bubbles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login