Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Touch screen options for printer using an Einsy Rambo 1.1a.

Posted by Raxius 
Touch screen options for printer using an Einsy Rambo 1.1a.
May 15, 2019 07:40PM
I'm working on upgrading my Prusa i3 MK3 with a touch screen, but I'm having a hard time finding one that will work with the Einsy Rambo 1.1a. The only screens I've found are like the KINGPRINT 3D Printer Controller Board MKS TFT32, but that uses an 8 pin AUX connection which the Rambo board doesn't have. Does anyone know of a touch screen that can be used without too many modifications?
Re: Touch screen options for printer using an Einsy Rambo 1.1a.
May 15, 2019 08:25PM
Most the touch screens just need access to power and rx/tx
On the Einsy tx0/rx0 is available on tp25 and tp26 or directly off of chip u10

or you can use rx1/tx1 on j19 and change your serial port in the firmware to 1 (this will disable the usb cable)

or you can use rx3/tx3 on Ext P2 and change your serial port in the firmware to 3 (this will disable the usb cable)
May 15, 2019 09:01PM
Thanks for the reply.

Dust

On the Einsy tx0/rx0 is available on tp25 and tp26 or directly off of chip u10

or you can use rx1/tx1 on j19 and change your serial port in the firmware to 1 (this will disable the usb cable)

or you can use rx3/tx3 on Ext P2 and change your serial port in the firmware to 3 (this will disable the usb cable)

Could you point out those sets of pins on a picture? I've had a hard time finding pinouts online beyond pointing out where to plug parts in. What do you mean by disabling the USB cable? Do you mean I won't be able to print from USB or flash firmware with the screen plugged in?
May 15, 2019 09:31PM

for details see the schematic [github.com]

"What do you mean by disabling the USB cable? Do you mean I won't be able to print from USB or flash firmware with the screen plugged in?"
You will not be able to print from usb, firmware updating will still work fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2019 09:33PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login