Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

inkjet printer

Posted by Dshah 
inkjet printer
May 26, 2019 11:52AM
fellow developers, I have been trying from last few days to find a solution to DIY inkjet printer using arduino, The pretty close thing I found was inkshield which has many limitations, I would like to have the ability to print CMYK colors cartridge, any guidance will be much appericiated, Thanks....
Re: inkjet printer
May 26, 2019 03:04PM
As much as I'm fascinated by the idea, I'm also wondering 'why!?' because I think Full-Color inkjet printers are dirt cheap these days and very available to consumers? Could you explain a little bit more about your project/idea? It intrigues me.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
May 26, 2019 04:57PM
Ohmarinus
As much as I'm fascinated by the idea, I'm also wondering 'why!?' because I think Full-Color inkjet printers are dirt cheap these days and very available to consumers? Could you explain a little bit more about your project/idea? It intrigues me.
I would like to get the control of print header, I need a printer which can print on surface and material of ink by my choice, here is an example of the printhead running [youtu.be]
May 27, 2019 04:03AM
Dshah
Ohmarinus
I would like to get the control of print header, I need a printer which can print on surface and material of ink by my choice, here is an example of the printhead running [youtu.be]

Wow, that is really cool. They are using a special print head that projects the ink with a jet onto the surface of the ball. It's the same kind of printhead used by machines that label food items with an expiry date. This is not a conventional printhead you find in consumer inkjet printers. I think giving more detail about your project will make it easier for others to help you with new information. Of course, share as much as you like, or if you want to keep it a bit secret, share as much as you can without giving away your idea smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
VDX
May 27, 2019 05:01AM
... try to find the book "Inkjet Applications" by Matt Gilliland - he describes how to "hack" a common ink-jet head and use it for your own projects ... e.g. a tiny "paint-gun"-robot, which prints the actual time or other texts on the floor or walls/boxes, while rolling around cool smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 27, 2019 09:46AM
Ohmarinus
Wow, that is really cool. They are using a special print head that projects the ink with a jet onto the surface of the ball. It's the same kind of printhead used by machines that label food items with an expiry date. This is not a conventional printhead you find in consumer inkjet printers. I think giving more detail about your project will make it easier for others to help you with new information. Of course, share as much as you like, or if you want to keep it a bit secret, share as much as you can without giving away your idea smiling smiley
I have already given the details, it is similiar to the video on youtube.

VDX
... try to find the book "Inkjet Applications" by Matt Gilliland - he describes how to "hack" a common ink-jet head and use it for your own projects ... e.g. a tiny "paint-gun"-robot, which prints the actual time or other texts on the floor or walls/boxes, while rolling around cool smiley
Thanks VDX, the guy who developed Inkshield already mentioned about this book and its limitations, [www.thingiverse.com]
I beleive I have hit the rock bottom, inkjet appears decades behind from open source 3D printing.
VDX
May 28, 2019 03:37AM
... no, ink-jet printing for 3D-models isn't that outdated winking smiley

There are several comercial systems using powder and ink/glue as binder ... but too, LOM-3D-printing (laminating sheets of paper or other materials) with multi-colour ink-jets, colouring the top sheet, before cutting it - so it's "full-colour" after dismanteling ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login