Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plethora of 3D printing software open sourced!

Posted by Gerharddc 
Plethora of 3D printing software open sourced!
September 10, 2019 04:25AM
I development an assortment of some pretty useful (and a bunch of less useful) 3D printing software when I was in high school with the hope of developing some kind of awesome commercial product. Unfortunately I never got the time to complete any of these projects and in the past few years university has left me with even less time to work on them.

It is a shame to just let these projects rot and I have thus decided to release all of them as open source on GitHub. Here is a list of the projects that I have just released:

[github.com]
[github.com]
[github.com]
[github.com]
[github.com]
[github.com]
[github.com]
[github.com]
[bitbucket.org]

I know the code is very unpolished and I have absolutely no time to create proper GitHub pages with nice pictures etc. If anyone has the time to improve this, feel free to send me a pull request.

None of the code is particular useable as is but it think there might be some gems hidden in here like a multi-threaded C++ slicer engine and a seriously efficient OpenGL based GCode render both of which are inside the tessamain project. There is even a custom box packing algorithm hidden in there somewhere smiling smiley The moose projects could also form the base of a very nice web interface given their realtime capabilities.

I also don’t have the time to do write-ups of this release anywhere else so if anyone can help spread the word it would be greatly appreciated because I would really love if someone could find something useful in here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 05:04AM by Gerharddc.
VDX
Re: Plethora of 3D printing software open sourced!
September 10, 2019 07:02AM
Welcome to the Forum!

Let's see, how it develops winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login