Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BL Touch on ANyCubic Kossel Linear Plus

Posted by norep 
BL Touch on ANyCubic Kossel Linear Plus
September 23, 2019 09:00AM
So I've got an ANyCubic Kossel Linear Plus that I'm trying to get going with a newer build of Marlin and a BL Touch sensor. So far I've got the following resources located:

[www.reddit.com]

[github.com]

[cdn.thingiverse.com]

[learn.sparkfun.com]

My question for everyone is this: According to the last two diagrams, the engineers that designed/laid out the TriGorilla controller board reversed the +5v and GND pins on the servo connector. All the docs seem to agree but I'm just having a hard time believing such a simple oversight was really made by people with the resources to manufacture this board.

Can anyone confirm that the TriGorilla folks really did this? Am I reading the info wrong?

Swapping the wires is easy but I'd hate to let the magic smoke out of anything when I'm so close ....

The labelling on the BL Touch sensor says it's wired 'properly' according to all the specs I can find on RC servos.
Re: BL Touch on ANyCubic Kossel Linear Plus
September 25, 2019 02:07PM
OK, in some spare time last night I did more looking, and it seems there are two 'standard' ways to wire RC servos, the way we do it now and in the old days, the "Airtronics" way. The now mostly defunct "Airtronics" standard matches what I'm seeing on these boards. I feel better, but I'll still measure before connecting of course.

Source: [fatlion.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login