Peltier module connected as platform for 3D printing, need your help confused smiley
May 06, 2020 02:43PM
Hello guys,

I am currently researching in 3D printing for ceramics in Korea University, South Korea.
I have built my 3D printer which uses peltier module as building platform.
One major problem is, that I want to control my platform (Peltier module) with kind of M104 or M190 G code (i.e. M104 P0 S15, etc, because printing side of the module should get below RT, around 5~20C.)
I have tried several methods to control with G codes, such as converting some variables in marlin firmware, which turned out to be a failure.

In the case of heating, it is clear that heating upto 100C, for example is easy, when using a hotend or other heat source.
However, cooling to 10C, for example is kinda impossible for me to do with marlin firmware that I have.

Is there any recommendations to change firmware or to add some codes to cool with peltier module?
I have currently connected my module to hotbed, which I have expected to run with PID control to lower temperature of surface of peltier module.

is there someone to lead me to next level?
It would be so helpful if you guys can help me out.

Sincerely, Peter
Re: Peltier module connected as platform for 3D printing, need your help confused smiley
August 10, 2022 10:59AM
Hi Peter,

I know this may be a long shot as no on emanaged to get back to you with a solution, but I don't suppose you figured out how to get this to work? I'm at Swansea University and upgrading one of our bioprinters and would love to get a peltier heated/cooled bed working on it.

Cheers,
Rob
VDX
Re: Peltier module connected as platform for 3D printing, need your help confused smiley
August 10, 2022 12:43PM
... when testing with 3D-printing on my CNC-mill I've used an external "industrial" temperature controller for the heated bed ... this would work with peltier cooling too ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 21, 2023 01:32PM
Hi there,

I just so the post, and I am wondering if you have any progress on modified the pid hotend loop to work as cooler?, or any modification where any of the PID loops can be altered to work as temperature controller (for 25C) in both directions, existing one as heater and additional one which will work as cooler.
I need to have hotend1 operating as cooler, and bed should work as environment 25C temperature controller. Bed pid loop need to control heater and peltier.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2023 01:37PM by lukaari.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login