Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Bed Leveling

Posted by MARKYU 
New Bed Leveling
June 27, 2022 06:33AM
I just made this distance sensor which can be used on bed leveling and adjust first layer spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

details:
[github.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2022 02:34AM by MARKYU.
Re: New Bed Leveling
June 28, 2022 05:49AM
That is a very neat sensor. Can I ask if you make the sensor and interface yourself or is it an adaptation of an existing product for 3D printer use?

I found the use of your inductive sensor as an aid to manually adjust the bed level [www.youtube.com] very elegant and simple. A small pill-sized sensor such as that also gives more options for mounting than most sensors and the use of I2C for communication is something that I like as well.

A point that I would make is that 0.01mm of resolution is adequate for the purpose, but not unusual. My own piezo sensors have an equivalent resolution of 250nm (0.00025mm) with repeatability of around 0.003mm between probe operations. [reprap.org] and [reprap.org]

Mike
June 29, 2022 02:30AM
this BD sensor is based on the inductive proximity sensor and I add some more chip like MCU and i2c interface, I have written the library,so the test code for arduino is very simple, also support marlin firmware.
the piezo sensors is cool and I have never see that before,and also can work with any plate.
June 29, 2022 04:23PM
Inductive sensors have been around for a long time, and most were abandoned a few years ago because they were not consistent over the temperature range seen in 3D printers with heated beds. Does your inductive sensor work reliably over a wide temperature range?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 29, 2022 04:54PM
I don't think that any way of leveling a FFF bed is without its problems. Even the old "piece of paper under the nozzle" has problems like the consistency of feel over different parts of the bed - as well as being just a pain in the backside. My view of this is that the most reliable way is to use a single under-bed sensor to detect the point of nozzle contact along with a second sensor to check the bed for tram and contour errors. As the check for level would immediately follow the nozzle contact check the temperature drift of the sensor is moot and an inductive sensor should be considered on its other merits.

Mike
June 30, 2022 11:53PM
I just take a video about this sensor work with heating bed. so far the inductive sensor is stable and accurate than I expect before.

[youtu.be]

and different inductive sensor have some different accurate, also in some range are not good,see this picture that I get the raw data from inductive sensor

July 01, 2022 07:48AM
Now let's see the same plot overlayed on that one at different temperatures...

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 04, 2022 02:26AM
We find that the heating Bed plate expand when we test the BD sensor and Dial Gauge,
expand about 0.04mm while the bed temperature from 40C to 70C,
at same time we can also see that the accuracy of BD sensor is same as dial gauge.

Note: please see the small red number marks on the dial gauge instead of black number.

Videoļ¼š[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login