Advanced

where to buy acetone in IRL

Posted by whitewolf 
where to buy acetone in IRL
April 15, 2012 04:11AM
Hi Lads,

Any idea where to buy acetone ?
Seems not so easy to get it.

I'm based near Cork. So anything close here would be cool.

Thx

whitewolf
Re: where to buy acetone in IRL
April 15, 2012 04:52AM
Do you have any health and beauty shops, you know the places that hairdressers or beauticians would buy their supplies from?

I have a local Sally Salon Services that supplies it in various sizes. It's a cheap purchase from here.

I would imagine that most chemists will have it as well. It is used to remove nail varnish. Just watch out, not all nail varnish is acetone. Some of it is acetone free.

This is the stuff I use
April 15, 2012 08:12AM
Tesco sell (or at least used to sell) a cheap nail polish remover which contains acetone. It's not pure acetone - it also contains aqua, propylene glycol, glycerin, and 3 other ingredients. It seems reasonably effective when I have used it (e.g. to soften PLA), but I haven't used pure acetone so can't compare.

It's probably worth trying if you can't find something else.
April 15, 2012 08:38AM
Thx a million.

Will check tesco and/or jump in a nail studio...
Guess they will wonder when they see me... smiling smiley

Cheers
April 15, 2012 08:48AM
Pure Acetone is going to be better.

There are Sally shops in Cork I believe. If you do find one, my next top tip is this. Buy a 125ml and a 500ml bottle of pure acetone. With the 125ml bottle, everytime you have scrap ABS plastic either from failed prints, or if you are printing a perimeter each time, cut the scrap up and put it in the bottle to make ABS juice. Its great stuff for preparing your print bed before print.

I now use the pure acetone to clean the bed, abs juice after to get a better adhesion to the print bed...
Re: acetone
July 24, 2012 02:45AM
Dear white wolf ,
Wish you enjoy a great day!This is Hefei Hengyixin Import&Export CO., LTD.
Glad to know you are in the market of acetone,Phosphate Anhydrous. We are a supplier of chemical products. So I write to see if you can make business relationships .We specialize in this field for several years, with the strength of the advanced technology and First-class production
equipment, with good quality and pretty competitive price.Any details you want to know,Pls do not hesitate to contract us .
Our company website: www.hengyixin-china.com
By the way,would you pls tell me what type,Cas No. products do you want? And how many do you need?
We look forward to receiving your enquires soon. Sincerely.

Tks & br,

Elsa Jiang
Hefei Hengyixin Import&Export CO, LTD
Tel: +86 0551 4698639
Fax:+86 0551 4219788
Mobile:18226618676
Mail: elsa@hengyixing.com
Re: acetone
October 17, 2012 05:08PM
"Sally Salon Services", Thomas St. Limerick, has pure acetone, in small and medium sized bottles. It's way better than nail polish remover (for making ABS juice, and cleaning print bed).

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login