Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap parts in Ireland?

Posted by Declan 
RepRap parts in Ireland?
July 23, 2009 12:18PM
Hey, is there anyone in Ireland with a Reprap willing to machine me the parts i need to build one?

Thanks
Re: RepRap parts in Ireland?
July 30, 2009 10:03AM
I don't have one, but I want one! If you live in Cork by any chance, we might go halvsies or something. Email me sure. If I get one, I'll come back here and let you know. Or, if you end up getting one yourself, I'd be much obliged if you could offer me printing help!
September 04, 2009 10:02AM
I'm also looking for RepRap parts. I'm in Galway if anyone can help me.
September 08, 2009 10:27AM
Im living in ireland in waterford
im looking to building a reprap but im thinking of waiting for the next wedge version to be completed.. as the ration of replicent part i could make for others would be higher,
September 23, 2009 12:16PM
just come across reprap and mighty impressed.
considering building one. maybe a joint effort (bootstrap) would be in order
September 19, 2010 09:36PM
Hi,

I realise that this is an old thread

but who has got started in Ireland with their own reprap machine

Only just found out about reprap and I would like to get started

E
January 10, 2011 06:20AM
Irish RepStrap under construction! Blogging here: [numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
Happy to here from anyone else in Ireland having a go.
No.6
August 17, 2011 04:42PM
I'VE GOT A LASER CUTTER AND IF I HAD THE COMPONENT DRAWINGS WOULD MAKE ONE FOR MYSELF
AND ANYBODY ELSE ,OR SUPPLY THEM WITH THE CUT PARTS.
ANYBODY GOT PLANS?
November 05, 2011 09:52AM
Hi All,
I am in the process of setting up an internet shop to sell RepRap parts to Ireland and elsewhere.

If anyone has any suggestions on items that I should stock please send me a private email.

For instance, what items did you find hard to get?

Regards,
Hamilton
November 25, 2011 02:21PM
December 04, 2011 03:24PM
Hi All

I have a working RepRap Mendel Gen6 up and running me and my son. Its fantastic I would encourage anyone thinking of going down that road, its a great project.

If anyone has any problems or questions we can give some advice, but we are still learning ourselves.

System
Type: Mendel
Electronics: Gen6 single board
Computer: Linux Lubuntu
E-mail 123john@eircom.net
January 05, 2012 03:38AM
Hello All

I have spent the last four months gathering the parts to build a printer, and I am now about to start building.

Any advise I can get would be great and I have sourced most of the vitamins at this stage, so if any body needs help with that ..

Regards

Kevin
February 01, 2012 05:58PM
hi,

I'm about to start down the road of making a prusa mendel. Is thr anybody in the republic who can supply printed parts? I have only found them on ebay and while the parts are reasonably priced, I have an issue with forking out €18+ to have them posted from UK.

any information or recommendations on controllers etc. greatly appreciated

keego.alan@gmail.com
February 18, 2012 08:27AM
Hi

Myself and Dr John have built the Reprap Mendel with the Gen6 board with opto sensors and geared extruder head.smileys with beer
We came across a problem with the geared extruder head from www.mendalfactory.com. We calibrated it, we changed the filament, did everything we could but couldn't get it working correctly. We dismantled the extruder head and found the problem. It was the filament sticking to the PEEK, resulting in the extrusion rate /head slowing down/stopping. After consulting with the Internet (google) we ordered some high temp PTFE sleeving id=3 od=4 and inserted it down into the barrel of the PEEK.
Now today we have our first successful print, it looks great. I think there was tears of joy at one stage as it took a while to figure out what was wrong.
Has anyone else in Ireland finished there build?

Ref: Geared extruder nozzle see here if problems [reprap.org]
February 18, 2012 11:06AM
Hi Dr. John & S,

Thanks for the info - and well done on getting your setup working. Good to see other Linux users here by the way!

I know that amk and NumberSix have their machines working for some time now. Ivor has a blog in fact: [numbersixreprap.blogspot.com] . Do you have a blog Alan? I'm not aware of any other users in Ireland that are using Repraps (not self-built ones at least) - but they're probably in hiding somewhere.

Any pics?

david
February 18, 2012 02:46PM
Hi,

Is there anybody selling the printed parts in Ireland yet? A couple of us here in Galway are about to build a prusa. Marcus, how did you get on getting on sourcing the parts, we're also in Galway. Any tips are welcome!
February 20, 2012 06:50AM
I have been looking at getting started with this project for a while now - very excited to see that there are a few others in the country doing/having done the same.

So yea is there anyone selling parts?

I am in Cork so if there is anyone else running already and has tips or getting going it would be great to pool efforts.

Bow
February 24, 2012 06:36AM
Hi all!

I'm based in Dublin and am hust starting to put together a parts list for my 1st 3d Printer.
I'm looking at putting together a Perusa (I could be swayed if you have any advice!)

I was wondering if anyone decided to start printing parts in Ireland?
Does anyone have any advice for where to buy the parts, cheap for postage or any good DIY places?

Thanks,
Greg
March 01, 2012 06:35AM
Hi Bow,

I'm also close to Cork. Ballincollig to be precise.
My RepRap is up and printing. still some finetuning is needed, but the results are more or less ok.

At the moment i try to get some 'affordable' filament, cause I'm nearly out of PLA.

Cheers

whitewolf
March 01, 2012 06:12PM
I'm based in Dublin and am nearly finished my Prusa build (I'm "nearly finished" but it could drag on due to studies).

@Greg or anyone else in Dublin: if you want to meet up at any stage let me know.

david
March 05, 2012 10:37PM
hey everyone,

I'm in the early stages of looking into this as well, currently I'm based in Waterford/Dublin/Offaly and would love to get more information on this. I'm doing my research in hand with college, so I won't be able to make a move at it til the summer at least, though it's fascinating.

for the moment I want to get my name down and learn more about this.

cheers,

Derek
Hows it goin,
Im based in county waterford and building a reprap huxley. Ive completed the mechanical build and now waiting for electronic components. I built a techzone kit supplied by reprapcentral in the uk here's how i found them:

- Mechanical components not bad quality but not enough of some bolts, nuts and washers.

- Delivery is slow (7 weeks for printer, 8.5 weeks for filament even though both on same order)

- Electronics poorly soldered overheated and died immediately power connected for testing,
as directed on techzone wiki.

- Customer Service is poor (Only responds to emails once a week if your lucky),
If any problems arise they just refer you to their American supplier.

Currently ordering replacement RAMPS 1.4 electronics from reprapworld in Holland, however still waiting for them to arrive 2 weeks later.

If anybody on here needs help on their build, I'll try to advise if I can smiling smiley
March 19, 2012 04:43AM
Feedback on comments above.

We experienced an unfortunate delay in receiving kit now fully resolved.

Rare issue with board.

Response usually in 24 hrs, usually much faster.

Issues need to be resolved quickly, if Supplier is most appropriate, then of course we redirect to Supplier.

Regards
RepRap Central
RepRap build Waterford
April 07, 2012 07:42AM
Hi,
My ramps 1.4 electronics finally arrived from reprapworld after 3 weeks and are now setup on machine, very user friendly. After much experimentation with controls and drivers currently using sprinter firmware and pronterface as control software as i have found these work best for setting up the printer, may switch to other software once I start printing seriously.
George
July 10, 2012 05:34PM
Hi all,
This is a long standing thread, lost in the Irish corner of the forum. If you've read this far then you may be located in Ireland and interested in finding someone locally that can print parts. I've been steadily building my RepRap experience over the past while and am now at a point where I can offer good quality sets of parts, with the added advantage of reduced shipping costs to anyone in Ireland.

If you require sets of parts, or even individual replacement or upgrade parts then feel free to drop me an email via this forum.
Regards,
NumberSix

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
July 13, 2012 09:24AM
New to the forum and just about to get started so looking for bits once decided version to go for
July 13, 2012 05:53PM
Hi AirGraphix,
Thanks for the enquiry. PM sent.
Regards,
NumberSix

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
July 20, 2012 03:05PM
I ordered parts from NumberSix earlier this week - as my own Reprap is currently out of commission - and can offer highly positive feedback.

Not only are the parts themselves (PLA) very impressive (considerably better than I expected), he also had them printed in a very short timeframe - and posted the next day.

So I can highly recommend his service.

And the price was very reasonable!

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 03:07PM by dslc.
July 22, 2012 09:33AM
Hello,

I'm situated in belgium but i can make sets for you guys if you want!

The shipping cost are 9 euro and i ask 55 euro for a set.

If any one has interest, send me a pm!

I'm leaving on vacation but in 10 days i'm back and i can print.

www.facebook.com/Charlies3DCreations have a look some of the stuff i printed is on there so you can watch te quality winking smiley
September 05, 2012 09:35AM
living in youghal, cork. gonna be buying my first kit soon. thinking of going for a reprappro mendel full kit from reprappro.com. seems like the most reliable quality for the lowest price.

anyone have experience putting this one together?
is it worth it?? any better suggestions on what kit to go for would be great.

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login