Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's get together!

Posted by rrr7 
Let's get together!
October 25, 2013 04:43PM
Everyone is welcome-
We can find a location with tables and power outlets to show and tell and RAP about REPlicators.
revwarguy, where do you CNC guys meet?
We probably need a place indoors with tables and outlets that we can use.
Maybe a library or something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 05:02PM by rrr7.
Re: Let's get together!
October 26, 2013 07:16PM
Well, the St Louis CNC Special Interest Group StLCNCSIG (?!) has been meeting at various places - we started out meeting at a restaurant/ grill kind of place where we could order food or beer, and most of us brought a show and tell kind of object - just something to get us talking. Turns out we would have done that anyway. Then we started meeting at each other's house to visit machines, etc. Tried the library approach, but they don't allow food or drink, are pretty limited, and they kick you out promptly at 9:00.

Anyway, its just a thought. How many reprappers are there in St Louis, would you estimate?

I am building one of these beasts - something of my own design for the frame, but using RAMPS 1.4 and Marlin. Personally, I am out in west county - what part are you from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2013 07:18PM by revwarguy.
October 28, 2013 09:57PM
Food and drink is nice, but it may be more helpful if we have running printers to show- just a thought.
These things are pretty portable as opposed to the big CNC machines.
If we could do both eat and print at the same time that would be even better, but I don't have any ideas for where.
I would guess a couple dozen people in the area that are also on REPRAP forums.
Yeah, I like my RAMPS too.
I am in northwest county.
I will put together a poll thread asking about interest in meeting to see if we can get a count.
November 25, 2013 10:00PM
I have a group that can meet up what locate and date in december works for you guys? im thinking brewery in mid town would be sweet, the tap room i suppose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login