Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Local Support for Printed Prusa Mendel parts

Posted by LDIsection08 
Local Support for Printed Prusa Mendel parts
August 03, 2011 01:22PM
Afternoon Jersey Builders,

I am super new to the reprap community and I am trying to locally acquire parts to build a Prusa Mendel. I wanted to start with the printed parts so that I could work off that to acquire the threaded and smooth rods, then work my way thru the material list. This will allow me to see how much it would cost me compared to all the webshops. I would like to get to know others in my area. (Linden, NJ - Union County)
Re: Local Support for Printed Prusa Mendel parts
August 11, 2011 06:38PM
Welcome, LDIsection08 .
September 07, 2011 04:14PM
Hi LDlsection08!

and welcome tot he NJ user group. I'll happily print the needed parts for you - but you would either have to pay for the material, or provide me with some. There are also plenty of questions as to what parts you need - Prusa does not equal Prusa. As I'm running an original Mendel myself, I can't make educated suggestions as to what versions to use...

And then there's the question of material. I've printed PLA and ABS.While PLA looks neater is mechanically more stable and doesn't warp as easily, you may want some parts in ABS, because they won't deform under temperature.

ST
April 22, 2015 10:11AM
wow I totally drop the ball on this but I finally bought a Ormerod kit and building it now. I am years late on this but I have everything now, which i just got yesterday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login