Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking For Local Rappers - Rep, Not The Other Sort...

Posted by tbod 
Looking For Local Rappers - Rep, Not The Other Sort...
May 15, 2012 08:27AM
Hi,

I have been interested in the RepRap project for a couple of years now, I have a basic knowledge of electronics which includes constructing kits from ETI / Maplin and Arduino hacking. I also have extensive Unix / Linux / Computer / Coding experience [mostly low level C and assembler].

I am looking to build my own 3D printer but would be interested in meeting up with someone local who already has one and seeing it in action before committing to the purchase - limited funds etc.

I live in North Devon, about 30 miles from Exeter, near Dartmoor and am an adult.

If anyone local would like to help me take my first steps towards 3D printing please let me know.

Regards
tbod
Re: Looking For Local Rappers - Rep, Not The Other Sort...
May 17, 2012 04:31PM
I have just moved to South Devon,.and still getting the garage unpacked and organised into a usable state. Somewhere in the back is a nearly-complete Prusa (all axes working before I packed for the move) but I need to build the extruder hotend and get the heated bed installed.

Electronic engineer by training, IT by occupation, and mechanical engineer by leisure interest - model engineer with lathe and milling machine (again, once reassembled...). The reprap concept and content just about push all the right buttons for me, and I'm looking forward to getting it all working.

Happy to make contact with others in the area and compare notes.

- Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login