Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Introduction - Darren Sim

Posted by dazsim 
Introduction - Darren Sim
January 24, 2011 07:55PM
Hi, my name is darren sim. i'm 33 and i'm a PC callout engineer and Web designer (among other things). I've been poking around in #reprap on IRC for the last 6 months slowly constructing a RepStrap called RedBot and it is now close to being finished. I am currently creating the last axis which will allow the printer to move in all 3 axis. I will then concentrate on the extruder and The long slow process of calibration and tuning of the printer so it can print pretty objects in its above average print volume. Please check out RedBot at [www.reprap.org] and give feedback and post comments there or here. I'll be happy to answer any questions about the printer and what my plans are once the beast is up and running! I'd be especially interested if theres anyone out there based in devon as i seem to be the only person i know that is doing anything like this at the moment.

Regards

Darren
Re: Introduction - Darren Sim
December 11, 2011 02:22AM
Hello Darren,

I have nearly completed the build of a SumPod [www.3d-printer-kit.com] and am just trying to get to grips with ReplicatorG since all 3axis now work (to a degree) by moving in both directions fine. However Replicator gives some funny results on the second command.

Model engineer by hobby, retired from Fire Service by trade. A little older than you 33 years at 61 but still interested in 'gadgets' .intend to use mine as a router with foam for casting and PLA prints, also for aluminium castings.

Live in Brixham.

Kind regards, Mike
Re: Introduction - Darren Sim
July 16, 2012 02:28AM
I just wanted you know that this guy called Darren Sim from Redwizard has stolen our money. There are more than five people affected by this swindler.

After 6 month, we still have not got our refund. You can read the full story here, in this reprap forum:

[forums.reprap.org]

So, be aware of this guy.

Juan

dazsim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, my name is darren sim. i'm 33 and i'm a PC
> callout engineer and Web designer (among other
> things). I've been poking around in #reprap on
> IRC for the last 6 months slowly constructing a
> RepStrap called RedBot and it is now close to
> being finished. I am currently creating the last
> axis which will allow the printer to move in all 3
> axis. I will then concentrate on the extruder and
> The long slow process of calibration and tuning of
> the printer so it can print pretty objects in its
> above average print volume. Please check out
> RedBot at [www.reprap.org] and
> give feedback and post comments there or here.
> I'll be happy to answer any questions about the
> printer and what my plans are once the beast is up
> and running! I'd be especially interested if
> theres anyone out there based in devon as i seem
> to be the only person i know that is doing
> anything like this at the moment.
>
> Regards
>
> Darren

------
Página personal: [www.iearobotics.com]
Blog: [www.iearobotics.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login