Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Get Together Dec. 10th 9pm-ish

Posted by AndyP 
RepRap Get Together Dec. 10th 9pm-ish
December 09, 2011 02:47PM
Next RepRap Get Together is Dec.10. There is an OpenLab meeting starting at 6pm and afterwards the RepRap folks will be hanging out, probably starting at around 9pm. Bring your printer and latest creations to share!

I'm trying to begin stocking up on spare Mendel parts and would be interested in buying extra stuff off folks. I'm talking bearings, hobbed bolts, belts, etc.. And I'm also interested in 1.75mm PLA.

I'm also still frustrated by an apparent x-axis backlash that I can't get rid off. Increasing my Infill overlap Perimeter Ratio helps, but does not eliminate a gap between the perimeter and infill. All my perimeter dimensions come out correct. I'm curious if anybody with the Mendel OpenX carriage has had better prints than with the standard x-axis carriage.
Re: RepRap Get Together Dec. 10th 9pm-ish
December 09, 2011 04:20PM
Regarding the perimeter gap: Depending on the part, I've seen filament-stream sized gaps when Extra Shells are set to anything besides zero. Its the only way to I've been able to ensure no gaps between the infill and the perimeter - especially important on gears (teeth).
December 12, 2011 01:54PM
I had that same perimeter gap both times that my X belt was about to break (old style sells x motor bracket). I am currently using the standard sells carriage but I am going to the open X carriage shortly, it is printed just not installed, waiting for something to need repairs before I tear down the machine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.Robosprout.com RepRap Mendel parts and accessories.
Message if there is anything you need...I have more than what is listed on my site.
Located in the Spokane, WA / Coeur d'Alene, ID area.
December 12, 2011 02:03PM
Okay, I'll try setting extra shells to zero and print out the open x carriage. Unfortunately my hot end is on the blitz so I need to deal with that first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login