Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hosted by the Reuseum, Saturday, September 10rd, 2011 <-- IT'S THIS ONE REALLY!!!

Posted by FrankNeon 
Hosted by the Reuseum, Saturday, September 10rd, 2011 <-- IT'S THIS ONE REALLY!!!
August 22, 2011 09:58AM
Hosted by the Reuseum, Saturday, September 10th, 2011 from 6pm to Late

Informal get together for anyone and everyone interested in Reprap and desktop manufacturing.

Aside from basic introductions we'll simply be assembling to mingle, meet, demonstrate and discuss all things Reprap and desktop manufacturing.

BYO- Bots, Beer.
Re: Hosted by the Reuseum, Saturday, September 10rd, 2011 <-- IT'S THIS ONE REALLY!!!
August 22, 2011 09:59AM
nice, I just saw the "10rd" typo. turd?
Re: Hosted by the Reuseum, Saturday, September 10rd, 2011 <-- IT'S THIS ONE REALLY!!!
August 26, 2011 11:21AM
Looking forward to the 10th. I'm going to try to have Galois up and running. Motors move, but I haven't tried heating up the extruder yet. Hopefully I can have it calibrated and printing by then as well.
September 09, 2011 12:05PM
Let's watch the first episode of Makerbot TV http://makerbot.tv/ Saturday night as well.

If anybody has an extra Alternate x-carriage motor bracket that I could borrow/have, it would be much appreciated. I may have tightened my belts too much and my bracket is now sagging.

Any beer preferences in case I stop by the store and pick some up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 12:05PM by AndyP.
September 10, 2011 03:17PM
Andy can you give me a link that I can cut and paste for the alternate extruder x carriage motor bracket? We could print it tonight. Also, the brewery next door is open, and I have no preference on flavors, unless "like a can" is a flavor, then not that. smiling smiley

-D
September 12, 2011 04:06AM
Thanks to our meeting last night and help from Brian and Dave, I now have a functioning printer. My first real 0.5mm wall calibration piece looks halfway decent using 1.75mm PLA and 0.35mm nozzle. My only problem is all my motor shafts slip in the gears now. Super glue works for a while, but then gives. Regardless, I am pretty darn excited now.

Anybody have extra X Y and Z motor gears? If not, I think I'm going to go with the metal gears as my set screws always break the plastic.
September 12, 2011 10:12PM
Andy, excellent news!

BTW, I'd still like to get you the ABS Wade's set that I mentioned I'm not using. I should be able to print you some X/Y/Z gears as well - but they'd most likely be PLA in the short term. If you could point me to the source STL or SCAD files for the gears, I'll try to get to them this week.

Also, forgot to ask, but have either of you tried Kapton instead of blue masking for the build surface for PLA? I've had excellent results with it, and it doesn't wear out nearly as fast as the blue. The PLA doesn't grip it as much when it cools down either (ie. easy to remove)...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 10:23PM by TheCase.
September 13, 2011 05:50AM
It's not pretty, but a decent attempt of the 0.5mm wall calibration is done and here are the pics to prove it. The evolution of prints goes from right to left. second attempt at calibration after tweaking.

I have some jitter in my y-axis. IF I switch the x and y leads, then the shift switches to the x, so I don't htink it is a faulty motor. I'm not sure what it is because it doesn't always happen.

Brain, I'm not convinced now that my gears slipping is the problem with the axis shift. I may still need the gears, but it is not urgent now so let's hold off. Thanks for the help the other night. I would still be struggling with the flow rate.

I have not tried Kapton tape but will keep it in mind. I know of a cheap source that I might order from if it works well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 05:54AM by AndyP.
September 16, 2011 01:23PM
Betty is giving birth!

The replication has begun:

offspring parts

Who needs parts?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login