Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone in the North Idaho/Spokane WA area?

Posted by Tothe 
Anyone in the North Idaho/Spokane WA area?
August 25, 2011 02:16AM
I live up in the Idaho panhandle, and am looking for an opportunity to see how a reprap works in person, and maybe get some help building my own.

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic." ~ H.L. Mencken
Re: Anyone in the North Idaho/Spokane WA area?
September 03, 2011 12:31PM
Hey Tothe,

I've met some people in my shop while they have been in Boise visiting. Seems like there is some awareness up north already. Let me know how we can help you. I'm currently making a set of Prusa pieces on my Mendel, if you want to I can try and resource a kit for you and get you started

Regards,
David
September 13, 2011 07:19PM
Tothe,
I'm up in N. Spokane. I'm assembling mine currently. It's obviously not running yet, but I only need about another day or two of free time. The catch is, my wife's due with my first kid in 2 weeks... thus, I'm working like a fool on paying work at my job. Haha! The joys of life and hobbies, etc.
It's nice seeing the price point starting coming down significantly.

My WIP rig... has cost about $700 +/- (plus s/h). I've got a 30a non ATX type PSU, X,Y,Z, linears, pcb plate, and ramps 1.3
... It's coming down in price since I bought
frito
September 28, 2011 04:27PM
I am in Coeur d'Alene and I have a fully functioning Mendel. I am also selling parts (kits once complete, 90% of the parts on hand for 8-10 kits) and I have no problem helping anyone who needs help getting their machine up and running.
September 28, 2011 05:59PM
Hey all,

Nice to see some contacts in the north coming together. If we can do anything to help let us know. We can also clarify the Idaho RUG into chapters. I hope we can figure out some ways to include everyone in group orders, and dev that is pertinent to us, as local as we can be.

C.Cecil, I added your online shop to the Idaho Reprap User Group Wiki as a local Idaho supplier. I also saw that you had some great stepper motors on there and several people are looking for them down here, can you give me some numbers on prices in terms of volume?

Regards,
David
September 28, 2011 06:00PM
Just had an Idea we could google video chat or skype you guys into the next RUG meetings too, how geeky would that be?smileys with beer
September 28, 2011 06:08PM
I have volume discounts listed on my site. The steppers are all the .9 deg/step motors also. I am currently in the process of assembling a couple completed printers. The only parts I am missing for complete kits are belts, hotends, endstops and RAMPS PCB (I am in process of etching my own using my RepRap to sharpie etch them).

I am a one man show up here but I started this business as my primary occupation so if anyone needs any parts you can be sure that I will get them out ASAP, I also do not list anything on my site that I do not have.

Plastic parts coming soon...I only have black ABS to work with currently but I will not sell any parts that I would not use myself.

Edit: .9deg/step not 1.8deg/step

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 06:02AM by C. Cecil.
October 05, 2011 06:45AM
Fritoeata, If you need any help getting your machine running I have a shop in Cd'A with all the tools. PM if you would like to meet up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 06:45AM by C. Cecil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.Robosprout.com RepRap Mendel parts and accessories.
Message if there is anything you need...I have more than what is listed on my site.
Located in the Spokane, WA / Coeur d'Alene, ID area.
October 24, 2011 01:48PM
Greetings everybody!

I am out in Spokane Valley and new to the reprap scene.

@Tothe did you ever get a machine built? How about you Fritoeata?

I can't wait to get my hands on parts and begin construction.
October 25, 2011 06:32PM
I have a machine going in Coeur d'Alene. Also, I have parts for the Sells Mendel. Many of the same parts are used on the Prusa also. If you are interested in parts or a demo feel free to email/PM me. I gave a demo to Tothe the other day.

Also...my site checkout and website info should be working now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 01:00AM by C. Cecil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message if there is anything you need...I have more than what is listed on my site.
Hello! I'm brand new to RepRap and I live in Spokane. I just ordered all the parts I need yesterday to build my first Prusa.

robosprouts was one of the vendors I ordered from. Thanks robosprouts!

We might want to think about starting a reprap northwest club. I'm a web developer and it would be fairly easy for me to build our own forum if there are enough people interested.
January 17, 2012 11:05PM
I put in a request for the Inland Northwest Group. I am the only one in there so far though. It is under the request a group area of the forums.

August 28, 2017 02:07PM
Hi All,

I am new to this Website, but not new to 3D printing. I purchased a Lathon when it was on Kickstarter in 2015. Ten were made and then Lathon was not able to secure additional funding, so they are no more. The printer is basically a dual nozzle machine using a RUMBA board, and the thing that brought me to this forum are overheating hot-ends. The overheating has enough symptoms for somebody with experience to figure it out, but I am not familiar with the circuit enough to be able to identify the problem. I will explain, but also, is there anybody out there who would like to build some ABS bobbins for a new motor we are building? This is for money, of course. I have all the STL files for doing the prints if anybody is interested.

Now to my overheating issue:

1. The overheating problem occurred as a shutdown while printing. I tried to recover three times, but it overheated each time.
2. I tried auto-tuning the PID about ten times, but auto-tune would always overshoot and cause a hi-temp shutdown until I dropped P to 3.0. Default for the PID is P=7.21; I=.79; D=16.53.
3. Each time I ran auto-tune it provided numbers very, very similar to the default numbers, e.g. P=7.56; I=0.87; D=16.48.
4. I switched auto-tune to the second hot-end and got exactly the same results as I got on the first hot-end.
5. In both cases, the heat ramps up very quickly, in my opinion. When I set P=3.0, the ramp up is 80 degrees C in 1 minute. If left at P=7.71, the ramp up is more like 80 degrees C in 30 seconds.

Thus, this leads me to believe the problem is common to both circuits, which leads me to the RUMBA board. In my opinion, it has something to do with the very quick ramp up and the fact that I have to drop P to 3.0 or less to not overshoot and cause an auto-tune failure.

So is there anybody out there with any suggestions before I order another RUMBA board? Also, is there anybody out there who would be interested in quoting on about 76 parts consisting of 3 different types of parts, all in ABS?

Thanks,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login