Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Techzone Huxley not moving properly, motors very noisy sad smiley

Posted by ts247 
Techzone Huxley not moving properly, motors very noisy sad smiley
December 16, 2011 10:24AM
I recently bought a Huxley from reprapcentral, apart from being an absolute ball ache waiting for it to arrive (8 weeks), it seemed to go together ok. but i cant get it to print.

the motors make a hell of alot of noise like a jack hammer, and when i do load my stl and print it doesn't make a shape anything near what i put in.

Does anyone have any ideas on whats wrong? is it the firmware or problem with the motors?
Re: Techzone Huxley not moving properly, motors very noisy sad smiley
December 16, 2011 11:07AM
Lots of noise but still moving ? It may be too much current given to the motors.

Suggest you try and do that.
December 16, 2011 03:00PM
i have tried that and it makes no difference i have set it at the coolest setting for the motors. i followed all the instructions online. what resistance should the trimpots give ? (if anyone has measured then )
December 16, 2011 05:19PM
Ok... There might be different issues there.

Can you post pictures of your prints ? Of your electronics ? A video of your machine printing (with sound) ?

Does the motors make the same noise when you manually move them separately using host software, at different speeds ?
Do they all do the noise ?

By the way, what software do you use for slicing, and as host (communication to machine) software ?

Edit : didn't measure resistance but got a sample of the current given to the motors (multimeter in the path of 1 cable to the motor), around 0.5 A should be vastly enough (if TZ didn't change their motors model at some point).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 05:26PM by DeuxVis.
December 18, 2011 04:00AM
i shall try and check current today and post a video and pictures. Im using repsnapper as it was recommend in the build instructions and seems very simple. All the motors make the same noise when manually stepped but i cant find where to change the speed in repsnapper. i can change the extruder speed but it still makes a similar noise just faster. Does other host software give you better calibration options/settings.
December 19, 2011 07:53AM
ill get back to you in a few weeks as my motor controllers just burst into flames so im going to have to get some new ones
December 19, 2011 08:10PM
I think that answers the question as to why they were so noisy. You need to assume that they're completely unadjusted, and turn the current down before you power things up.
December 20, 2011 07:31AM
Hi TS,

We have informed the Manufacturers of the kit and they are dealing with this issue for you. They are, by the way an excellent Company to deal with and will no doubt have this sorted for you asap. We are sorry for the delay with your particular Huxley, sometimes theres a hitch in the supply chain and things can get delayed. We have shipped many Huxleys within the timeframe specified on the site and will always do our best to meet this. We have worked hard this year to get RepRap kits out there and have introduced thousands of people across the World to the RepRap concept via our website. Many will go on to be members of this forum and enthusiastic advocates for the RepRap Project.

Regards
Support
RepRap Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login