Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TZ Huxely Basics? How do I tune this thing?

Posted by Jojo 
TZ Huxely Basics? How do I tune this thing?
November 01, 2012 01:10AM
Decided to finally start a new thread. I there is a wiki on how to tune the firmware or anything at all please let me know.

I finally got everything in working order, i believe, now my problems are:

1. Servos movements are way off. I believe it needs firmware tuning and a set of calipers to measure distance but dont know where to start.
2. Optos for x and y do not seem to be working. I have moved them in place of z opto which does respond and they all test good.

Can anyone please give me some input? I am sooo close to printing....

Thanks in advance.confused smiley
Re: TZ Huxely Basics? How do I tune this thing?
November 01, 2012 04:14AM
The distance between the teeth on the belt is 5.08 mm. You have 8 teeth on the pully. It gives 40.64 mm per revolution. You have 200 steps per revolution. It gives 4.9125 steps per mm. You have 16 microsteps per step. It gives 78.74016 microstep per mm.
In the configuration file change:
//#define X_STEPS_PER_MM 10.047 or what ever it says
#define X_STEPS_PER_MM 78.74016
...and the same for the Y-direction.
November 01, 2012 11:12AM
fantom
You have 16 microsteps per step. It gives 78.74016

Or it might be 2 microsteps per step, if you have the original monotronics.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
November 01, 2012 09:33PM
Thanks I will try this tomorrow and post my results.
November 03, 2012 09:52PM
The plastic gears broke from their print lines. I just ordered another set of t5 gears... to be continued i guess. Man the motivation levels are dropping again....
November 19, 2012 11:49PM
Hey guys, I have still not had the chance to test the settings and the firmware. I just had to make a lot of major changes to the machine due to the poor quality in the parts that were provided. A lot of things fell apart and separated from the print lines but I just ordered some t5 gears from ebay that were decently priced and just got done making the necessary modifications to get them to fit correctly. I also used epoxy to reinforce and correct the assembly as best as I could.

The gears are smaller so the 5.08mm x number of teeth is what I should be using right? Thanks
November 20, 2012 08:22AM
It depends on the precision of the gears production process, but yeah 5mm times the number of teeth should be a good starting point - you can still refine down the calibration later by measuring the distance actually travelled.

Don't forget to add the microstepping multiplier in your calculation.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login