Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Electronics

Posted by Atomhax 
New Electronics
December 31, 2012 02:31PM
An apology if this has been asked before. I used the search bar to no avail. I have the techzone huxley. I think the electronics they originally sent me are not functioning any longer.

I went to techzone's site to buy another set but I think they are out of business because their site is down. Are there any other compatible electronics that I can use as a replacement?

I was considering buying the ultimaker electronics. Would that work?
Re: New Electronics
January 07, 2013 07:43PM
About any RepRap electronics works. They differ in feature count, only. For a basic Huxley, the smallest feature set (4 steppers, 1 thermistor/heater combo) is sufficient.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

January 11, 2013 06:18AM
Keep in mind that all recent electronics are designed to use a thermistor instead of a thermocouple to measure the hotend temperature : you'll have to modify your hotend.

Not to say you couldn't use a thermocouple on your new electronics, but it will be easier to change it to a thermistor.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
January 22, 2013 08:23PM
Deuxvis, I actually came here just now to ask that. Can I still use the Nichrome heat wire? What are you using? I know you've done extensive work on your huxley.

TraumFlug, this is what I suspected, thank you for the confirmation.
January 24, 2013 07:57AM
I still use a thermocouple, but have a resistor mounted for heating instead of the nichrome wire.

I actually didn't use that machine for 6 months, I built a prism printed by the huxley.

I will revive that lil Huxley, probably changing the electronics, when I have some free time.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
January 28, 2013 06:12PM
I was considering [www.reprap.org]

Does anyone have any experience with this set of electronics?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login