Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprappro Huxley bed temp reading low

Posted by CJS62 
Reprappro Huxley bed temp reading low
February 10, 2013 08:56PM
I finally got my bed temp to read, but I have an extruder reading of 27 and a bed temp of 10. If I increase the bed temp, it does indeed go up. I ordered my Huxley last year around this time (its taken me a while to focus on getting it together) so I may be on an older version. I have Sanguinolulo electronics. Firmware? What is the most likely culprit? Thanks!
Re: Reprappro Huxley bed temp reading low
February 12, 2013 09:55AM
Is it hot to the touch? Don't burn yourself! but a reading of 27 could be room temperature??. Also in the wiki it says you can check for a short by doing an ohms or resistance reading (I forget which but it does say). Also make sure you have the latest marlin firmware installed.
February 12, 2013 09:56AM
Also have you pressed check temp? They dont auto refresh by default.
February 12, 2013 11:01AM
I have refreshed the temp and it is consistent. 27 should be right for ambient room temperature. I have radiator heat and it gets warm enough I have to open windows to cool it off! My concern is the bed temp, which is displaying far lower than ambient. If I put my hand on the bed for a few seconds the temp reading will rise, and if I send a signal to heat the bed it will rise, so it may be a setting in the firmware. I am new to this, so I am not sure how to verify those settings.
February 12, 2013 03:09PM
The sensor is under the aluminum plate which would act as a heat sink, I will let you know my beds ambient temperature when it cools off.
February 25, 2013 09:54PM
I have tried uploading the Sprinter firmware again, which the Arduino IDE claims has been successful, but no change, regardless of the bed thermistor setting. It stills reads 10 degrees celsius. Any other thoughts on this?
June 03, 2013 04:46PM
Hey CJS62,

Have you managed to sort the bed temp issue out yet? I had exactly the same issue! I bought my Reprappro around July 2012 and finally completed it in Oct. While the extruder would read room temp, the bed was always 12 - 15 C lower.
I just ran with it for ages but last weekend I got it working perfectly (well, the heater readings at least!) after having to solve some other major issues.
The only difference is I always did and still do use Marlin instead of Sprinter firmware. I updated the firmware too, but I didn't actually need to do this apparently.

In pronterface I set the thermister values by using the M304 commands (as per the instructions) but used the following values (which were not in the instructions at the time I built). It seemed to cure it.

Have you tried:
M304 H0 B4200 R4800 T10000 H1 B3960 R4700 T10000

(H0 being the extruder and H1 being the Bed) More details are here: [reprap.org]

Cheers

Ash
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login