Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Igus bushing

Posted by slice396 
Igus bushing
June 05, 2013 10:52AM
Hello,

I can't find a place to get the igus bushing from step one x axis on the tutorial (http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapPro_Huxley_x_axis_assembly)

I tried mailing to igus in holland but they dont answer... In this case google is not my friend... have searched almost everywhere... anyone know a place where to buy these?

Thx
Re: Igus bushing
June 05, 2013 12:14PM
Certainly not the only place on the web, but one person (no affiliation) has a couple of sizes listed over at emakershop:

[www.emakershop.com]

or here if you want a pack of 25...
[uk.rs-online.com]

or if you are in Oz, these peeps might be worth a look
[www.smallparts.com.au]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 12:32PM by squeeks.
June 06, 2013 10:36AM
Hi There,

I am in the Marketing Department at igus UK and I am sorry to here that you were not succesful in contacting our offices in Holland.

To ensure you get what you need I would like to send you the link to igus Holland and igus Germany website and perhaps that would be better for you. There are no minimum orders with us and I beleive you will get the bearing you require in no time at all.

I hope this helps.

igus Holland: [www.igus.co.uk]
igus Germany:[www.igus.de]

Kind regards

Leanne
June 09, 2013 07:47AM
I have tried getting a few orders from Igus, I live in Holland, and the prices for some items were incredibly high.

I had to ask for prices through the website, so I placed an order for the pricing, but I got my reply from a completely different company, I think this is where all the added cost comes from.

In the reply email I got from "Elcee Holland B.V" and the pricing for the items I requested is outrageous. Since that reply I have found another supplier who can sell the the bearings I needed for about 1/3rd of the price and the hardened precision linear rods for about half of the IGUS price.

Apparently ELCEE deals with the selling for IGUS in Holland, so you are probably cheaper off if you buy from IGUS in Germany and have it send through mainland.

Leanne Golding Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi There,
>
> I am in the Marketing Department at igus UK and I
> am sorry to here that you were not succesful in
> contacting our offices in Holland.
>
> To ensure you get what you need I would like to
> send you the link to igus Holland and igus Germany
> website and perhaps that would be better for you.
> There are no minimum orders with us and I beleive
> you will get the bearing you require in no time at
> all.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
>
> igus Holland: [www.igus.co.uk]
> igus
> Germany:[www.igus.de]
>
> Kind regards
>
> Leanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login