Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Failure to Print; Extruder Problems?

Posted by KD0SKH 
Failure to Print; Extruder Problems?
July 02, 2013 10:25AM
Hello all,

I have a Techzone Huxley. The SW I use is Repsnapper. I have the stepper motors configured and the print bed has been leveled. I have adjusted the Z-axis to be about a paper's thickness distance from the extruder end to the print bed (which is covered in blue painter's tape). When engaging the extrusion in Repsnapper, plastic oozes out as expected. My problem is when I attempt to make any print; the plastic barely sticks to the blue tape and as a result I can't actually print anything.

My first suspicion was the Z-axis being to high, and fiddling with it either had it rip painter's tape up or be too high, making a ball of plastic at the tip. I wonder if I'm going about calibrating the the Z-axis distance wrong; how do you calibrate the Z-axis on your reprap?

I'm also concerned that the temperature is dropping during a print - do any of you know whether or not Repsnapper will stop powering the extruder during a print? It sounds odd, but after cancelling a print, I see the temperature reading plummet by ~70 C.

Thank you for your insights in advance!
Re: Failure to Print; Extruder Problems?
July 02, 2013 06:31PM
I think that you have problem with sticking of first layer. Try to increase bed temperature in Slicer at Filament settings tab for first layer at 95C and for other layers at 57C, and for extruder for first layer at 200-205C and for other layers at 185C
I have similar problem with kapton tape but when I put hair spray on it my biggest problem now is how to separate final print from hotbed.
Also try to spray blue tape with hair spray little a bit.
Hope this helps you...
July 02, 2013 09:44PM
I have no hotbed tongue sticking out smiley
July 02, 2013 10:10PM
try to encrease hot end for first layer and spray bed with hair spry..
July 03, 2013 02:46AM
That works! I have some prints now! Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login