Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Noob error. Please ignore

Posted by nowhere.elysium 
Noob error. Please ignore
August 07, 2012 03:50PM
:EDIT: Yeah, I was being a bit of a spanner. Sorry for wasting people's time.

Hi all. I've just finished assembling a Huxley bought from RepRapPro, and I'm having a hard time getting the heatbed to behave itself.
The heatbed heats up, but the thermistor is over-reading, and it won't respond to any attempts to set a lower temperature through pronterface.

According to my infrared thermometer, it's at about 30C, while pronterface is reporting 64C - is this simply because the thermistor is under the aluminium plate, thus closer to the heat source, or is there something significantly amiss here?

I've also noticed a slight discrepancy between the actual temperature and the reported temperature of the hot end, but that's only out by 2 degrees, so I'm not majorly worked up about that yet.

On a side note, I've also noticed that using the recommended placements for the endstops causes the printhead to go beyond the edge of the board in the X and Y axes - it overruns by about a centimetre in both directions. Is this something to be sorted in software, or firmware? The endstops are clearly designed to go where they are, but I would have assumed that clicking the 'home' button in pronterface would've returned the printhead to the starting corner of the bed.

One final thing - what's the accepted form on posting pictures on here? Should I stick to links/attachments, or is it OK to use img tags?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2012 05:49AM by nowhere.elysium.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login