Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Commissioning issues

Posted by Margomael 
Commissioning issues
October 07, 2012 03:58AM
Hi,

I'm commissioning my Huxley and I have 4 issues so far.

1. X axis controller not working. I say that is the controller because I connected the X axis motor to the Y axis controller and behaves good. I connected Y axis to X controler and nothing happens. Not sure if this info is useful but checking voltage between main 19V and main axis connexions (4 screw connexions for each) is -0.4V in all except 2 in the X axis where 2 connectors on left is +11.74V.

2. On Y axis given command like G1 Y5 F500 moves axis towards the back of machine but when homing carriage comes to front (and limit switch in mounted at the back).

3. Heated bed not heating. It seems I get reading of ambient temperature. No let flashing. I will read other posts.

4. The Extruder motor started to move but I didn't give any comand. Movement was erratic (not smooth).

If anyone can help me with this I will much appreciate it.

Thanks
Re: Commissioning issues
October 07, 2012 12:41PM
Hi, I'm going to reply to myself to 3 of my 4 questions. Maybe I can get some help of the one regarding the X axis.

1. No solution yet
2. When talking about positive Y means bed going toward me. This will have an effect of nozzle going towards the back. called positive axis
3. It seems there are 2 versons of Melzi electronics. The one I have is not the one explained in tutorial but someone has post a solution. I still need to check
4. I give move voltage to the E axis and seeems OK now.

Sorry if I ask too much but how do you check the amps or voltage going to the stepper controler (driver). People talks about the Vref pin but I don't know for sure which one it is. Any help usind a picture?

Thanks
October 07, 2012 04:57PM
I'm not sure there is a lot of reprappro huxley users around here to help you. That melzi board is quite specific.

Did you try to get some support from reprappro ?
(And let us know how responsive they are, people might be interested)

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
October 07, 2012 07:40PM
In terms of the vref pin, you don't actually need to calibrate it that way. The method I use is:

set potentiometer to about 30%
if it skips steps, increase the current
if not, reduce the current until it does

then you have the current that just skips steps, so turn it up just a bit for safety.
October 08, 2012 04:44PM
Hi, thanks for your answers.

I contacted reprap and they replied fast. They are going to send me a replacement board as mine looks faulty.

There is a good forum in emaker where it seems more people posts there.
October 09, 2012 05:34AM
Great, thank you for the report.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login