Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder skipping steps

Posted by markusking 
Extruder skipping steps
April 18, 2013 05:54PM
HEllo i got RepRapPRo huxley, and i have gotten some good prints, but the problem is, that the suggested temp for pla is 185, when i set it to 185, my extruder keeps clicking and going back, i need it to be at a extreme 225 before it can run smooth, and when i try to print at a 0.2 layer, it just comes out as small blobs, .. Btw the plastic im using is the sample from reprapro..

So, how can i make it run smoother at lower temps?
VDX
Re: Extruder skipping steps
April 19, 2013 02:01AM
... check the real temperature, the sensor-fixture and your temp.-table settings - most common your temp. readings arent' correct ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 19, 2013 02:21AM
VDX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... check the real temperature, the sensor-fixture
> and your temp.-table settings - most common your
> temp. readings arent' correct ...

[postimg.org]

I printed this at the lowwest temp i could, 220, dosent it look printed at too high quality EDIT i meant temp? offcourse my thermosistor may be off by a few degress, but not by 50c, becuse the pla is suggested to print at 180

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2013 04:46AM by markusking.
VDX
April 19, 2013 02:46AM
... there are different types/mixturses of PLA on the market - depending od additives they can have total different melting- and extruding temps.

But many problems with temps are related to wrong temp.-tables (so the calculation is incorrect) or bad thermal coupling between the temp.-sensor and the heated zone, so the sensor measures some ten degs lower temps, than the plastic receives ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 19, 2013 04:48AM
Yes, if you look at the picture, does it look like it has been printed on too high temp? and if there is too much resistance, shouldent the motor have torque to actually break the plastic instead of skipping? and thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login