Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Huxley capable to print its own parts???

Posted by Suljo 
Is Huxley capable to print its own parts???
July 02, 2013 08:13PM
Show me you print parts for ANY "machine" printed on Huxley. For now Im very disappointed. Square shapes was rectangles, circles are something from egg shapes to cat eye shapes...
Grrrrrrrr
Re: Is Huxley capable to print its own parts???
July 03, 2013 11:37AM
Found this on youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

and

[www.youtube.com]

Im building a Huxley myself so i hope its capable of printing some good stuf!
July 04, 2013 06:33AM
I printed my Prism on my techzone Huxley.

Your unsquare output problem might probably be fixed by recalibrating your X/Y axis.
This need you to update the firmware of your electronics board.

I can't help you more without knowing details about your setup - there are multiple different Huxleys designs from different vendors - but if you search around those forums about calibration and firmware updating, you should have plenty to read.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
July 04, 2013 10:08PM
See my "fantastic" printed parts from Huxley to Huxley, and second from last revision from RepRapPRO.
They even provide link on they site where is that part.

I just take off a sock for spending for Ultimaker.
I just wat to PRINT not to explore what sht maybe cause another shit and then get 10x versions of oppinion what can it be wrong. Grrrrrrrrrr

PS
I take off second sock because it is to hot and to increase charity works for my new Ultimaker.
Attachments:
open | download - shit01.jpg (452.9 KB)
open | download - shi02.jpg (142.3 KB)
July 07, 2013 05:50AM
If you want just to print, perhaps you should consider :
[www.stratasys.com]

Not cheap.

I printed all Huxley parts on my RepRapPro Huxley, but it took some time, mostly due to non precise assembly. I would recommend you to remeasure all sides, make sure that mirrored lengths are the same, right angles are right, distances are exactly the same, bed is level and so on.

I find 0.1 mm to be just about sufficient precission, but intend to improve it in the future.

I hope this helps.
July 09, 2013 07:44AM
Suljo,

I'm afraid you have been mislead if you think a reprap is a "plug and print" solution. An ultimaker too - which is just another reprap model - needs some problem solving and tidying up if you want to get good prints.
Moreover, I'm pretty sure even industrial large priced 3D printers - like the stratasys - needs some calibration, maintenance etc. - the difference being you pay your provider to do it for you smiling smiley

If your only goal is to print parts, you should consider online print service like shapeways and the like.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
July 09, 2013 08:55PM
Look
I invite my 2D printer friend from canon service and in 10 minutes he detect that problem is on Y Fcng inner gear of fckin plastic part which seesaws and making shit of prints.
And RepRapPro dont even answer at all in not few days which I mean 3-4 but this week is whole pass.
July 09, 2013 09:29PM
It would seem you found where is the root of your problem, but forgive me for finding your description lacking. Would you try again, focusing more on the problem ? Perhaps a photo ?

It's not as if i expect to know solution, but other people might and your description, excuse me, sux.
July 10, 2013 07:09AM
@ DeuxVis
I know that any machine needs calibration which are not provided by RepRap Pro guys + lack of communication from they side.

@ AnMeX13
I attach images in my post above but there is new one.

For now I insert thin sheet of metal between shaft and gear and it fix 99% of problems in print but I don know how long it will last.
Can you post me the link where I can find .stl file of this small X/Y motor gear how can I try to print it while I waiting ordered metal gears, normally that I cant find it on RepRapPro site grrrrrrrrrrrr......

THNX guys anyhow
Attachments:
open | download - StupidGear.jpg (155.9 KB)
July 10, 2013 07:23AM
I solved problem with the big gear having air/room/space at the point of the contact with shaft and as a consequence rotating without rotating shaft, by using superglue. It still works.
That was a nasty bug, showing as unsufficient volume of extruded plastic, hobbed part skipping, until it stopped extruding at all. That's when i finnaly saw it.
July 11, 2013 05:43AM
@Suljo: I am pleased to see you have found a solution for your printing issues. I would like to point out that the loose Y pulley was suggested to you by our support team 10 days ago, and your response was that this wasn't the cause of your printing problems.

We check random samples of pulleys in production. We will increase the sampling in future. It is possible that if the motors run hot for any reason (such as extra friction to overcome during movment, or a high current limit setting), that the pulley can soften and deform during use.

Some people prefer to fit machined Aluminium pulleys to their machines. These are available from many places online, for example here.

RepRapPro's standard warranty policy will replace your pulleys free of charge as it appears they may have been defective from the outset. If you wish to proceed with this option, please send your request to support (at) reprappro (dot) com.

As for Huxley printing its own parts, RepRapPro's production facility began with Huxleys, which then printed Mendels, which now print most of the sets of parts which go out in the kits. Huxleys are still used for printing smaller items such as tongues and small gears. The production machines each average approximately 17 hours per day of printing. For examples of customer prints on Huxleys, please take a look through our gallery here.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
July 11, 2013 08:44PM
From my mailings to you I show you from what problem to another problems I came from and how desperate I was.
Due lack of communications from you RepRap "PRO"side of support (not answering for few days even a week) I try to find help here on this forum.
Yes before 10 days you tell me to check:
1. Make sure the Y axis linear bearings run smoothly along the rods.
2. Check that the pulleys fit closely on the motor shafts.
3. How warm is the Y stepper motor during printing?
4. Does the machine move as expected when using the Jog buttons in Protnerface?

And I sad you that is OK.

But nobody can check No 2.
Lets say day before this pulley was damaged a little bit from torsions. Next day when all machine parts are cold machine perform nicely but after few minutes plastic pulleys come they erratic game with shortening Y axys by 2mm. More shock to me is that on whatever dimension you print it shorts 2mm perimeters same.
Eg I print 3x2 and 2x3 and 8x8 cm rectangles, and for 8cm square y axy is 2 mm shorter then x, and for 3x2 cm 2 isnt 2 but 1,8 and for 2x3 cm 3 isnt 3 but 2,8.
After that I didnt know ANYTHING.

Anyhow I order Aluminum pulleys for motors, and hope they will work better than plastic parts.
Also I hope that you answers will be prompted well thru customer support mails rather than at public forum.

Anyhow I want fast answers for my problems whatever communication you choose if you call youself as "PRO"
August 03, 2013 06:25PM
The website linked for spare gears appears to only stock T2.5 and GT2 belts and pulleys. Be aware that you will need mxl belts and pulleys on the newer reprap pro machines (or at least the march batch like mine...)
August 26, 2013 04:42AM
Yes , of course they can print themselves . Most of my 3D printers parts are printed by huxely. Look!

[i1301.photobucket.com]

The manufacturer of 3d printer He3d
Email:[email protected]
August 29, 2013 02:17AM
Congratulations! I have to say: Nice and tidy wiring on your Huxley sarazhang.
Truly an inspiration to tidy up my own Huxley.

--
Happy printing,
Blog: http://diycrap.blogspot.no/
December 04, 2013 10:29PM
Suljo
From my mailings to you I show you from what problem to another problems I came from and how desperate I was.
Due lack of communications from you RepRap "PRO"side of support (not answering for few days even a week) I try to find help here on this forum.

Lets say day before this pulley was damaged a little bit from torsions. Next day when all machine parts are cold machine perform nicely but after few minutes plastic pulleys come they erratic game with shortening Y axys by 2mm. More shock to me is that on whatever dimension you print it shorts 2mm perimeters same.
Eg I print 3x2 and 2x3 and 8x8 cm rectangles, and for 8cm square y axy is 2 mm shorter then x, and for 3x2 cm 2 isnt 2 but 1,8 and for 2x3 cm 3 isnt 3 but 2,8.

Anyhow I order Aluminum pulleys for motors, and hope they will work better than plastic parts.
Also I hope that you answers will be prompted well thru customer support mails rather than at public forum.

Anyhow I want fast answers for my problems whatever communication you choose if you call youself as "PRO"

I know this is a bit old by now but I happened to come across it while searching for something. Anyway one thing i'm a bit confused about is how you can say no one can "2. Check that the pulleys fit closely on the motor shafts" and yet also "I invite my 2D printer friend from canon service and in 10 minutes he detect that problem". It sounds to me like it's actual was possible to detect the problem. Either you didn't understand what you were told by RepRapPro or you didn't know how to check it properly. Either way, while I'm not privy to the communication between you and RepRapPro, it sounds like you needed to communicate better with them (saying I don't understand or I don't know how to check that is fine, and far better than saying you checked it when you didn't).

I would also note, while I understand your command of English may be slightly limited, as others have said some of your messages leave a lot to be desired even from a general stand point. E.g. "problem is on Y Fcng inner gear of fckin plastic part which seesaws and making shit of prints". Some of your responses do show a good level of communication. If you always used this level with RepRapPro, that's great, but if not I don't think it's that surprising if your results were less satisfactory.

Finally I agree with others that it sounds a lot like you've misunderstood the RepRap idea. I don't think a few days for a response is out of the norm or bad for a RepRap kit manufacturer. RepRaps aren't intended to be plug and play and while manufacturers of kits should offer some support, particularly when it's possible their products may be defective, it is expected and normal that people will seek help from the community for building or assembly problems and expect faster responses that way. You can't expect an extreme level of hand holding otherwise they might as well just sell fully assembled products. (Some manufacturers do, but even in those cases it's generally clear that you may still have to do some degree of calibration and fine tuning yourself.)

And of course, when seeking help from the community, it's generally the case you will need to provide clear explaination of the problems you're facing and also have shown some initiative. (Even when seeking help from the manufacturer, you're likely to get a far better response if they know what your problem is and it's not something you could solve with a 20 second search. And of course, if they did sell you something defective, they'll likely get on to it much sooner when it's clear to them it is their fault.)

Thanks however for sharing your problem and solution, that's sadly something which is often lacking. (Someone will say they solved a problem people were helping them diagnose, but never explain how or even perhaps what it was.)
December 09, 2013 01:44AM
Nil Einne
Suljo

I know this is a bit old by now but I happened to come across it while searching for something. Anyway one thing i'm a bit confused about is how you can say no one can "2. Check that the pulleys fit closely on the motor shafts" and yet also "I invite my 2D printer friend from canon service and in 10 minutes he detect that problem". It sounds to me like it's actual was possible to detect the problem. Either you didn't understand what you were told by RepRapPro or you didn't know how to check it properly. Either way, while I'm not privy to the communication between you and RepRapPro, it sounds like you needed to communicate better with them (saying I don't understand or I don't know how to check that is fine, and far better than saying you checked it when you didn't).

I explain above how you cant check that are pulleys fit closely on the motor shafts when toy(printer) is cold or on first run. After 10-20mins pulleys start to wobble trough shaft.
i have lots of problems with printer at start but now I handling it very well. At first I was very angry with lack of communications with them, eg I ask 3-4 questions and after few days or more they answered 1 or 2. Also tutorial is misleading and worst that I experienced ever. Images are so blur or without proper white balance that you cant even see colors of wires... also language is not simplified, anyhow from time to time I visit they site and see improvements.
For now I start making new bigger toy.
Peace brother, Now I understand what RepRap is... Improvisation, improvisation and improvisation...
Attachments:
open | download - 2013-12-09 07.23.50.jpg (109.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login