Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle size Grrrrrr

Posted by Suljo 
Nozzle size Grrrrrr
July 24, 2013 09:33PM
Hi
As I understand while I ordering you Huxley kit in specifications writes is that Huxley comes with 0,3mm nozzle. After 2 or more months of freakingout my mind I discovered that you send me 0.5mm hotend nozzle!!!

I see meanwhile that you change you site where is fckin 0.5mm nozzle standard?!
Does it mean that I loose 2 or 3 month of my life just because that I forcing Fckin printing toy to print at 0.3mm while you send me 0.5mm nozzle?*??????!%$"!'$%#!

Grrrrrrrrr
Jezzz cant believe that is happening to me….
Re: Nozzle size Grrrrrr
July 25, 2013 04:54AM
Hello,

I am sorry you have gotten so frustrated with your Huxley. All RepRapPro kits ship with 0.5mm nozzles. This has always been so. 0.3mm nozzles are available as an upgrade.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
July 25, 2013 05:04AM
Also, do you really want a 0.3mm nozzle?
This normally means that you will have to have a layer height of <= 0.3mm, possibly even <= 0.25mm.

I have a 0.5mm nozzle and print @ 0.2mm when I need more resolution, otherwise 0.3mm and 0.4mm are used, e.g. Mendel vertices I would print @ 0.4mm, gears @ 0.2mm.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 25, 2013 06:44PM
@reprappro
I think that you are not right. One of my major reasons to buy Huxley is just because that on you old site states that kit comes with 0.3 nozzle.
For my first printer I was just searching for price normally, at volume eg max dimension of print I was not interested at this time of purchasing but NOZZLE diameter is what at Iam stick about. I just want more resolution more details and more quality in print.
And all time in my mind is that you deliver me 0.3 nozzle.
After few cloggings of nozzle last time I try to insert 0.4mm silver wire from earrings and its enter in hot end like butter and have more space.
I dont have 0,5mm silverwire but I think it will enter hotend too.
That is the first time that I suspect that I dont have 0,3 nozzle.
At first time I imagine that I expand Steel "0,3mm nozzle" with silver wire, or if hotend is sanded with aluminum hotbed covered with kapton tape, but this dont have any sense.
ALL of the time in slicer I have setup of 0,3mm nozzle and for now I throw away more than 2 kg of PLA and only produced few prints of bed designed x-carriage and few other doodle stuff.
After changing in slicer from 0,3 to 0,5mm nozzle prints are better, bridging are like night and day, but I can not have details when I try to print small X/Y or extruder small pulley and gear wheel. Grrrrr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login