Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

y-End Stop: Position?

Posted by George1 
y-End Stop: Position?
July 26, 2013 02:06AM
Hello,

I have a problem mounting the end stop for the y-axis:
What part of the heat bead should activate the end stop?

[reprap.org]

If I mount the endstop like shown in the picture, the top of the heat bed (large wooden plate) stops at the printed part for the motor, because it's a few mm higher than the heat bed. So the bed can't go any further towards the endstop to activate it..

How can i solve this problem?

Thank you,
George1
Re: y-End Stop: Position?
July 26, 2013 06:19PM
You must proper orientate wooden plate with small gap to the side where is printed holder of Y motor.
Y bearing or Y bearing printed holder turns switch on or off depends of how long is tale (tongue) of microswitch.
For example they give me to microswitches with to long tale (tongue) so long that I can even cant mount it because it touching Y smooth rods. So I cut tale (tongue) of microswitch few mm.
Hope this helps...
Sorry for my bad english and bad pictures....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 06:34PM by Suljo.
Attachments:
open | download - YendStop.jpg (186 KB)
open | download - TopviewYmicroswich.jpg (175 KB)
Re: y-End Stop: Position?
July 30, 2013 12:16PM
Hi George1

Make sure you are using the up-to-date instructions here, if you are building a recent kit: [reprappro.com]
The reprap.org instructions are a little out of date; updating them is on my to-do list...

"You may need to trim the length of the lever so that it fits; cut it with a pair of pliers. The moving end of the lever is closest to the smooth rod, as it's the linear bearing on the Y axis that makes contact with it."

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login