Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Huxley sled dimensions ??

Posted by Stevestorr 
Huxley sled dimensions ??
October 20, 2013 05:44AM
Hello, newbie here....

Without buying a full huxley kit I have all the printed parts for the huxley and I have put the frame and smooth rods together.

Where can I get the dimensions of the sled that the hotbed sits on and what material is generally used ?

Hope someone can help

Steve storr
Re: Huxley sled dimensions ??
October 20, 2013 11:10AM
Stevestorr -

You are likely talking about the "Frog Piece", so named because it resembles a squashed frog. It may differ according to the variation of the Huxley that you intend to build. Look in the repository for the particular set of parts that you have assembled. One variation, for the TechZone Huxley, can be found under the "Files" heading on the TechZone wiki page (http://reprap.org/wiki/TechZoneHuxley). It is in a table, and named the "Thick Sheet Set".

TechZone went out of business. I purchased their kit, put off building it, and discovered that the kit was obsolete when I finally began building it. Generally, the Huxley is a "Mini-Mendel". Look that up on the RepRap wiki, it may have a generic frog piece that you could use. The point I see is that the current use of linear bearings, rather than arrays of skate bearings, made much of the TZ Huxley obsolete. -Phuzzy
October 24, 2013 08:24AM
This one is from RepRap Pro Huxley. Material is multi layered plywood 4mm high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 08:24AM by Suljo.
Attachments:
open | download - frog.DXF (31.8 KB)
October 26, 2013 06:01PM
Phuzzy and suljo,

Many thanks for your responses...

I have managed to construct a sled / frog from a stiff mousemat using th dxf from the file repository....It's not 4mm thick but is holding up very well.

Looking forward to making a hot bed now....

Steve storr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login