Printing problem
October 27, 2013 11:22AM
For some reason my prints end up looking like this:
[gyazo.com]
[gyazo.com]

When I studied the printing process of my huxley I noticed two things.
1: It often drags previous printed plastic along messing up the print and making plasitic balls.
2: Sometimes it doesn´t print anything at all just moving the motors.

I don´t really have any experience to speak of. Perhaps I could provide more information by making a video of the print?

Som settings I have:

Extruder: 200*C
Bed: 60*C

Motorspeed:
Detail: 30
Fill: 40

Layerheight: 0.35
Full top and bottom layers: 5
Re: Printing problem
November 02, 2013 03:12PM
I´ve uploaded a short video on youtube demonstrating my problem. Link: [www.youtube.com]
November 05, 2013 04:38AM
My suggestion is that you do two things...
1. Re-check that your bed is level
2. Check that your Z height is accurate.

If all is fine and dandy, the outline - skirt - should be equal to your layer height which is 0.35mm in this case. I suspect that your bed is NOT level as it appears that the nozzle is too close to the print bed in some places.

One thing which I make use of in order to fine tune the Z height is the M206 command. Entering M206 Z0.1 for example will effectively bring the bed closer to the nozzle by 0.1mm. M206 Z-0.1 will effectively move the bed away from the nozzle. This is useful once the bed is level and avoids the need to mechanically move the Z endstop in very small increments.

Alan.
November 05, 2013 04:52AM
I will try this and report my result when I have access to my printer.
November 20, 2013 07:04PM
zache51
I´ve uploaded a short video on youtube demonstrating my problem. Link: [www.youtube.com]

At you video nozzle setup is to high, also bed is not leveled seams that back right side is lover than front side.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login