Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Empty Space"

Posted by herisuprapto 
"Empty Space"
November 18, 2013 08:47AM
Hi guys,

Sorry, I do not know what the actual name, The Empty Space, I use pronterface, with profile selection: Huxley-PLA-03-02 on both objects in the photo I attached is indicated by the red arrows.

And, several times like these, also in: Huxley-PLA-05-03, the holes there, I had to patch it using putty.

Is there a way in which the application pronterface can resolve this? Thank you.

Regards,
Heri
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (161.5 KB)
Re: "Empty Space"
November 18, 2013 02:38PM
Those gaps occur when your slicer (eg. Skeinforge, Slic3r, etc) determine that there isn't enough space to extrude a line of filament. For example if that's a 0.4mm gap then you can't fit 0.5mm of filament into it. You could try scaling the models up by a little bit before printing, or switching to a narrower nozzle. You could also try setting a lower value for the extrusion width in your slicer, which is a little bit like faking a smaller nozzle in software.

Slic3r has a "gap fill" function which can often take care of small gaps like that, but it can be a bit messy sometimes.
November 20, 2013 12:15AM
Thanks 4MULE8, maybe I should change the overall design with a new one, and this is the first time I used Slic3r to change the settings that I attach, also with prints.

Yes, it is messy, probably because I do not know the settings to use Slic3r, can you help?
Attachments:
open | download - filament.png (14.7 KB)
open | download - infill.png (28.1 KB)
open | download - Layers and perimeters.png (23.3 KB)
open | download - speed.png (25 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (82.3 KB)
November 20, 2013 08:49AM
Those screenshots show that you do have gap fill enabled.

What do you have for the extrusion width (found in "Print Settings" > "Advanced")? If you're using the standard 0.5mm nozzle you could try setting the default extrusion width to 0.4mm with the rest left on 0. That should generate tighter paths in the g-code and might be enough to fit another another line of filament in the gap.
November 20, 2013 01:47PM
Sorry, I do not understand this: ... with the rest left on 0. I will give you the attachment again. Is it like that?
Attachments:
open | download - printer settings.png (25.6 KB)
November 20, 2013 03:10PM
Sorry, those tabs have confusing titles don't they! winking smiley The extrusion width settings that I was talking about are in "Print Settings" (the second tab) not "Printer Settings" (the fourth tab).

If you made any changes to Extruder 1 in "Printer Settings" (the screenshot you sent) then you should undo them. Setting some of those to 0 is a bad idea on a Huxley! Retraction length should be about 3mm, retraction speed should be about 45mm/s and minimum travel after retraction should be about 2mm.
November 20, 2013 10:44PM
Oh yes, sorry, you're right grinning smiley, I was wrong to see it, thank you for reminding me, and a new profile attachments. Maybe they replaced it with: Device Settings.

And the attachment of, Print Settings - Advanced, I just change it at the Threads (2 to 10), I think it could fix it but instead, it was made ​​a long time in doing the slicing process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 10:50PM by herisuprapto.
Attachments:
open | download - printer settings 2.png (25.8 KB)
open | download - print sett.-advanced.png (31.1 KB)
November 23, 2013 05:35PM
Try to increase number of perimeters
November 24, 2013 10:00AM
The attached image using a value of 2 on the perimeter of the previous 4.

From the picture, number 1: there are holes, but number 2: the hole in the Skeinforge can be handled by Slic3r. if slic3r and skeinforge could be combined grinning smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2013 09:46PM by herisuprapto.
Attachments:
open | download - 2.jpg (243.9 KB)
November 25, 2013 07:57PM
Also try to setup under Print Settings tab - Infill tab -- Solid infill threshold area value of 0.1 mm2
November 26, 2013 02:27AM
Thank you, I've just tried with solid infill threshold area: 0.1mm2 (infill 0.1mm2.png), and the result is in the attachment photo (dt 0.1 mm2.jpg), there is still no significant change.

And I give you the model to try (dt_lubang2 3.STL), you may want to try to print it out and give me input.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 06:27AM by herisuprapto.
Attachments:
open | download - dt 0,1mm2.jpg (162.6 KB)
open | download - dt_lubang2 3.STL (328.9 KB)
open | download - infill 0.1mm2.png (29.8 KB)
November 26, 2013 09:21AM
Try to setup Infill - Fill density: 1
and if it not infill all try to increase no of perimeters by one
November 26, 2013 10:43AM
Sorry, I do not understand the sentence on the second line. What do you mean like this: if the use of infill can not be done, then adjust as perimeter with 1.

While waiting for an answer from you, I'm trying to do what I do understand.
November 26, 2013 05:50PM
herisuprapto
Sorry, I do not understand the sentence on the second line. What do you mean like this: if the use of infill can not be done, then adjust as perimeter with 1.

While waiting for an answer from you, I'm trying to do what I do understand.

Sorry my mistake English is not my native language I mean BY 1 or to increase you value of perimeters by 1
I want to say: acording to you last attachment named: infill 0.1mm2.png (29.8 Kcool smiley
To setup Infill > Fill density 1.0

if it doesnt help go to Layers and perimeters and increase number of perimeters by one. eg if you now have 2 perimeters increase it to 3 perimeters with option Generate extra perimeters when needed. Or if you have 3 perimeters increase it to 4 etc...

Hope this helps
November 26, 2013 10:13PM
Well, thanks for the explanation from you, and I will give it a try. By the way, I'm from Indonesia and also always use Google Translate to write this grinning smiley.
December 18, 2013 08:25AM
Hi guys,

The empty space that was to be filled by using Slic3r, with the change in the Advanced> Extrusion width with: 100%. Except for the First Layer: 200%, which from the beginning had been like that.

And it all became filled with PLA, very solid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 01:29PM by herisuprapto.
Attachments:
open | download - advanced setting.jpg (231.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login