Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks everyone!

Posted by KD0SKH 
Thanks everyone!
January 19, 2014 08:45AM
It's been a long struggle, but with a new hotend, new firmware and many long hours, the damn Techzone Huxley prints. Thank you everyone who gave me input! I really appreciate it.
Attachments:
open | download - 2014-01-19 06.12.18.jpg (341.6 KB)
Re: Thanks everyone!
August 19, 2014 01:21PM
Does it print well?

I'm in the same boat you were in; I recently dusted off a Techzone Huxley I bought 4 years ago as a kit. After a year of fiddling with it and dealing with horrendous customer service, (I had to wait 3-4 months for the upgraded aluminum extruder I ordered from them) the board quit working and I gave up.

Now I'd like to try to resurrect it.

What parts did you end up replacing from the original kit?

Are you still using the original board?

Any recommendations on firmware?

There's nothing worse than a $700 paperweight.
Re: Thanks everyone!
August 24, 2014 09:34AM
I was in the same boat, also. You may find other posts on this topic made by me... I've lost track of many of them.

The TechZone Huxley used 6mm and 1/4" parts. The smooth rods were 1/4", and modern bearings for 1/4" components are 4x-6x more expensive than those for 6mm smooth rod.

The TZ Huxley used skate bearing arrays, obsolete at the time it was sold. If you replace the 1/4" smooth rod with 6mm smooth rod, you can make a Huxley using modern sleeve bearings.

I have an unused controller board, still in the box. An ebay search will fish up a number of 25-35 dollar control boards that will do the same job, and be standard.

My Huxley was never completed. I finished the frame and, after reading within this forum, noticed that the other components were not up to standard. There are several contributors that have printed improvements/replacements for the TZ design. If I finish it, it will be with 6mm rod, sleeve bearings, and a new control board. I'll need to use my PrintrBot Simple to print re-designed parts.

Personally, I'd like to see a photo of KD0SKH's printer. -Phuzzy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login