Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end shuts off when reaching target

Posted by jeffthompson 
Hot end shuts off when reaching target
May 07, 2015 10:41AM
I'm wrapping up a Huxley Duo build and I'm running into trouble with the hot end. I can get it to heat up to a target temp of 185, but when it reaches that very close to that temperature it drops back down to room temp.

As I understand it, H1 is the hot end, the first # is the actual temp, and the 2nd is the target temp?

When I start up the hot end, the target is listed as 185, but when it shuts off it reads -273. I've checked the wiring of the thermistor and the voltages it sends, which all seem to check out. If I try to set a new target temp, the 2nd number stays at -273 and it won't heat up without a restart.

Heating up:
H1: 114.4/185.0

Crashing:
H1: 124.4/-273

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 10:43AM by jeffthompson.
Re: Hot end shuts off when reaching target
May 07, 2015 10:56AM
Try increasing the heater timeout, see [reprap.org]. Sending M570 by itself should return the current value.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 07, 2015 01:54PM
Super, thanks! It seems to have fixed it.

M105 S200

How do I make the change permanent? I don't see that in the config.h file.
May 07, 2015 03:25PM
To make it permanent, add it to the config.h file. However, if it is taking so long to heat up, then the PID values may need adjusting. Assuming you are running the standard RepRapPro firmware, if you have not already upgraded to firmware 1.09 and the corresponding web interface, I suggest you do so. Then connect via the web interface, heat the nozzle to operating temperature, and take a screenshot of the temperature graph, so we can see if the temperature is undershooting.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login