Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Broken Bed- Where to get replacement?

Posted by eggbowl 
Broken Bed- Where to get replacement?
April 10, 2016 01:15PM
I posted about my Huxley bed not heating properly. I've figured out that it's broken (reading 6 M ohms across--way too much.) I'd like to get a replacement bed, but searching for another 140x140 mm bed hasn't yielded any good results (all out of stock or unreliable vendor) Does anyone know where I can get a 140x140 mm bed? Or if that's not possible, a different size bed that has the same mounting holes as the reprap huxley v0.1?
Re: Broken Bed- Where to get replacement?
April 10, 2016 05:55PM
First, try Emakershop. They may have some spares. If they don't, your best option may be to source an aluminium plate, cut it to size, drill holes in the right places using your old heater as a template, and stick a silicone heater on the back. These people [m.aliexpress.com] will make a silicone heater to your size, voltage and power specifications for a very good price.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 10, 2016 10:13PM
[www.emakershop.com]
Do you think this will work?
April 11, 2016 01:47AM
I thought the Huxley used 19V power? A 12V bed heater is likely to burn out on 19V and that bed heater will also probably overload the controller and the power supply.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login