Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Techzone Huxley and Adreans extruder

Posted by dissidence 
Techzone Huxley and Adreans extruder
February 27, 2011 11:53AM
i have a Adreans extruder, but i am looking at buying a Huxley from Techzone, and i was wondering if there was a way to get those two parts to work together, i know i would have a smaller print area, until i could print out the parts i need, to make the proper Huxley extruder.

the other thing i wanted to find out was the distance from the top of the y carriage to the bottom on the y carriage

money is an issue for me, i do have all the electronics and some of the motors that i need, but this seems to be the cheapest way for me to build my reprap.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: Techzone Huxley and Adreans extruder
March 26, 2011 03:08PM
It would be tight. I will measure Mon. How tall is the Adrian exntruder?
March 26, 2011 03:16PM
i know i will loose hight
the frame is 54mm tall the bigger gear onit is 77 mm tall
and the extruder comes down about 70mm from the bottom.

with my order just to be on the safe side i ordered the bowden extruder too, just so that all my bases were covered.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
March 26, 2011 08:58PM
Im running the bowden currently. not a huge fan as it presents a lot of ooze issues
March 26, 2011 09:02PM
ah, thats what i was worried about, the control for it would be allot more finicky given the distance from the parts on it.

that pretty much will come down to fine tuning your setting more than anything, i am very eagerly awaiting my kit when it gets sent.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login