Posted by dissidence 
google group
March 28, 2011 08:37PM
i started up a google group for the Huxley users out there [groups.google.com]

i hope people start to use it.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: google group
March 28, 2011 11:58PM
nice idea, but im pretty set with just keeping on the forum and irc. At least then the knowledge is pretty well contained and easily found.
March 29, 2011 12:07AM
i do find the groups less trouble to keep up with if there not too busy, they seems to work well for allot of other places too.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
April 01, 2011 08:24PM
Has anyone been able to print with the Huxley? I have only been able to print out the 1cm test cube. Everything else that I try to print works fine for the first layer or two, then tries to go way off the build platform. I am using the TechZone Huxley with Monotronics. Repsnapper is the only software that will connect with the Huxley, I have not been able to get either RepRap Host or ReplicatorG to work with the Huxley.

How are the rest of you printing??

Thanks
April 01, 2011 08:35PM
i would love to help you some but i am still waiting for them to give me, the tracking number, my payment just went through today.

how long did it take them to ship it out to you.?

what firmware do they have on that board.?

but if you can get the test cube to print, to me that tells me it is an issue with your file more than anything else, some one on another forum had a similar issue in repsnapper the layers would be separated allot. did you try the beta version.?

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
April 19, 2011 03:03PM
I got my huxley in a week's time. Just I had ALOT Of missing pieces (bolts, nuts, power supply was incorrect). I also needed to purchase a lot of extra equipment (Dremel hand drill, hot glue gun).

All of the above really held me back. I started construct back in February and now I just got back to the project because of work business. but since i'm a teacher I get weekly vacations now and then so here I am back at it.

I'll post once I'm done biulding.

Currently I am:
-Finishing the Bowden extruder
-Find out how to connect that to the X-axis carriage
-Connect the hot tip
-Test out the software and start printing.
April 19, 2011 07:20PM
mine seemed to be short a few things but nothing major like your, i was hoping to say that they were getting better, but i think they are rushing things now,

what did not help me, is my hot end got a little too warm during my testing, and now it made the pla get a little too soft on the one part. so i am trying to rebuild part of the x carrage. but i think this will work better i will post more of it to my blog tonight. i feel bad i have not posted much on there for the past month.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
April 19, 2011 07:29PM
Great blog updates.

One question. What did you use for your bed? I've seen blue painters tape. Is that all I need? I know about the heated beds, I just want to make sure the huxley works before i invest in a heated bed.

thanks for your reply
April 19, 2011 07:35PM
i am still trying to get that far, all i know is that the plate i had did not work so well, it did not stick to it at all, i should be able to tell you later next week, i am going to try the tape method my self.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
April 22, 2011 10:02PM
Painters tape did not seem to work that well for me. I was able to get better adhesion to the build platform by using clear packing tape or black electrical tape.

Currently I have issues with objects having points that extend to infinity. These errors show up as long lines stretching away into the distance. I get this problem on a lot of parts, even the stl files that come straight from the wiki.

ReplicatorG and RepRap Host don't work. Hmm.
April 22, 2011 10:24PM
I see that when i convert an object to Gcode within Repsnapper. Ive heard most people use Skeinforge for creating Gcode and repsnapper for initial testing of the reprap.

Anyone else want to shed light on the infinite lines that extend to the edge of the board?
April 01, 2012 05:21PM
I'm having problems with this setup as well..

I can connect to the monotronics through repsnapper. Manually all the steppers (X,Y,Z and extruder) move as they should. The temperature is read correctly, but when it comes to printing it gives up without trying.

I have installed the official firmware twice.

Thinking about trying marlin firmware, but I'm not sure if that is worth the effort. Going nuts...

(btw. Techzone lasercut mendel here)
May 30, 2012 04:29PM
teru,

Your best toolchain is:

1) Any 3d software that can generate a manifold .stl file.
2) slic3r
3) printrun
4) marlin

I'm unsure if marlin supports techzone's thermocouple interface. With the "bit-bang" serial communications they used, most software engineers agree that it's a really bad idea, and most of the modern firmwares don't support it. You may find it easier to just invest in a thermistor, and rewire things.

Also, your best bet for support is IRC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login