Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plug and Play smiling smiley

Posted by sarahsliefie 
Plug and Play smiling smiley
May 10, 2011 04:06PM
ok I know this is going to be a stupid question, and it seems to be just out of my understanding.

I have the kit all built and wired in. every source said I have to install the run program on the computer, but I cannot find the file or how to install it. Then the next step of connecting the printer I have not found any information on. I am sure there is a page out there with the info but I am missing it.
Re: Plug and Play smiling smiley
May 13, 2011 08:21PM
what hardware are you using to drive it, for testing repsnapper is great, but i am running into allot of issues with trying to use it to print from a stl. it seems to like to mis the top and bottom layers

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
May 13, 2011 09:57PM
I have a tech zone kit. I was told it came preloaded with repsnapper. I can power it up to test the temperature of the steppers but that is about it. I have not been able to get it to do anything else.
May 14, 2011 05:00AM
Install and run the Arduino software. Point it at the com port your machine is running on, and start the serial monitor. Depending on your version of windows, you may need to install an FTDI driver to create a Virtual Com Port before this will work.

When you have the serial monitor running, adjust the baud rate until you see the word 'start' appear in the box. Then apply this baud rate to repsnapper and it should be able to talk to the machine.
May 14, 2011 06:20PM
with rep snapper you need to load your stl first then changed it to gcode under the gcode tab or under the simple tab. after than you should just have to home everything then hit the print button.

if you can connect to it to turn on your heater and move your steppers, i would think you have your connection settings right.

i have other issues with repsnapper, i am having issues learning both skeinforge and replicatorG, but from what i have read it is well worth the time to learn how to use those 2 tools.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
May 16, 2011 08:56AM
Techzone is actually working on a site which will convert your .STL file into Gcode using skeinforge engine which is designed specifically for the Huxley or mendel .

Its easier than Skeinforge though because you dont have to worry about all the variables:

Its here: [www.3dtoolchain.com]
May 16, 2011 12:58PM
I have found that. So far though it seems to make my layer hight too high. I am not using all there hardware just there frame and part of there bowden extruder. My hot end it a makergear one.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login