Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New build, looking for documentation

Posted by szefski 
New build, looking for documentation
July 08, 2011 12:11PM
I'm new to repraps, and decided to build the Huxley variant, using parts from this seller: http://www.eckertech.com/ however, the parts I now have in my possession seem very different from the parts I'm seeing used in build videos and instructions. I am specifically having a hard time assembling the X Carriage, and I'm not sure if I'm missing a part, or if I'm just assembling it incorrectly.

Has anyone had success using these parts? A build log would be wonderful, but I would settle with an image of the completed X Carriage.
Re: New build, looking for documentation
July 09, 2011 06:55PM
i do have a huxly but not from there, can you post a few pics to show where you are having troubles with.?

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
July 10, 2011 07:07PM
I'm having difficulty in assembling the X Carriage. I've noticed in other builds one rail uses 6 bearings, and the other uses 4 bearings, but the wedge piece I have does not have holes for the additional 2 bearings on the 4-bearing side. This wedge piece looks very different from most I've seen. Also, when the whole carriage is assembled, the rails don't seem to fit into it snug like it should. The rail on the 6-bearing side is resting on corners of bearings and doesn't move smoothly.

In these images the large bearing mount that goes on the 6-bearing side has been removed.

July 12, 2011 09:44AM
Okay, so I think I figured out my problem. The wedge piece seems to have been half-printed, maybe the reprap ran out of plastic half-way through the printing process of this piece.

Is there anyway I can get this one piece from somewhere?
July 13, 2011 11:13AM
You should be able to get a replacement part from Eckertech as they are the ones that sent you the bad part. And yes, the part is only about half printed.
July 22, 2011 09:22AM
Unfortunately, Eckertech will not return any of my emails. Are there any other places that will print one-off parts?
July 22, 2011 12:38PM
jcabrer saved this project by offering to print this part for me. However, I could really use a close up image of the X Carriage, specifically how the bearings align with the rods. Could someone help me out with this?
July 22, 2011 08:18PM
Not having seen a Huxley, so the part I printed for you looks kinda small. I guess everything is metric M3 etc. Is this right? I'll send it in the morning.
July 23, 2011 01:42AM
Look at Mini-Mendel Build Videos.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
August 11, 2011 02:22PM
Those videos are missing most of the steps. They stop at building the X axis.
August 30, 2011 09:23AM
Bonjour Everyone,

I am actually building my Huxley and I can’t find clear instructions for the external feeder/extruder.
See attached pictures for the parts I have in hand.

Maybe I am blind but I haven’t found any instruction page related to this specific model.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - 250px-HuxleyExtruderHardware.jpg (12.8 KB)
open | download - 250px-HuxleyExtruderPrintedParts.jpg (8.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login