Gathering of every information about MetaliRap
July 22, 2013 12:58PM
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to emphasize that 3D metal printers at home ("low cost") will be a huge benefice for everyone, a true revolution. So the open source project MetalicaRap is really great, thank you !

As a newbie in the field, I'd like to have an idea of the people (in the world) working for this kind of project (3D EBM metal printer) but above all, get an overview as complete as possible in a video (for example) of the project, as the wiki (that maybe contains enough information) repells me a bit.

I read (on this forum) that the project would long at least 1 to 2 years... (again) maybe sharing a video explaining what needs to be done with some headings should accelerate the search imho.

Hope to hearing from you soon,
Amodio
Re: Gathering of every information about MetaliRap
August 23, 2013 08:09PM
Open source projects are an ocean of clutterd information. If noone sorts it out for you, you will have to do it all by yourself.
August 25, 2013 05:02AM
...wasting days (btw I didn't wait for your precious reply to start), while giving an advice is effortless.
September 05, 2013 06:26AM
Metalbot is another project we are currently working on... using lasers instead of electron beams!

3D Metal Printing and more - visit [www.metalbot.org] !
September 05, 2013 06:16PM
Thank you, I have already read [www.metalbot.org]

...but this not an electron beam based printer. A big enough vacuum chamber seems to be the most difficult part apparently.

This video (despite the talk isn't fluent) is a one year project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login