Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is this project still active?

Posted by alan8325 
Is this project still active?
April 24, 2017 05:00PM
I haven't seen any updates here or on the wiki for a while. Also, are there any groups in the U.S. currently working on it? I'd like to get in touch if so.
VDX
Re: Is this project still active?
April 24, 2017 06:04PM
... seems to gone asleep - the only activity recently is me, removing a lot of (russian) spams sad smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 16, 2017 11:17AM
Hi
Still making parts for electron gun, new design of coils soon. Still testing power supply.
Good idea to start US group.

Kind regards
Rapatan
May 16, 2017 06:31PM
Great to hear that! I'd like to do a little more research and testing myself first, then I will definitely consider starting a group.
June 23, 2017 06:05AM
hi

We have added some more flanges to the electron gun. So you can build the gun sections.

In file and parts section new assemble "assemble301.zip"
Notes for the above,
Modular design implemented through multiple flange connection in gun, Magnetic Lens 1 and Lens 2 are now designed for ease of manufacturer (Part numbers for lenses is coming in next upload) available when .stp file is unziped and opened in FreeCAD. NOW READY FOR BUILDING - using standard part for cross c-0600-450 Lesker

Powersupply development going well , manufacturing of parts continues.

kind regards
Metalicarap team
June 29, 2017 06:12AM
Rapatan that progress sounds awesome. Have you got the power supply fired up and everything?

I would be keen to put one together if the design is good.

My lab psu died recently sad smiley

And the new coils. does that mean you've fired some up?

I'm half keen on putting together the gun layout you have, its nice with the coils on the outside. Would you recommend it as is? or should I do some math on it to double check what's happening?
July 10, 2017 07:03PM
Hi, Where can I find the part files for the MetalicaRap? I would like to build an electron gun that can work at 100-300nm for e-beam lithography, is it possible to do that with the current design (what are the dimensions for the e-beam that the metalicaRapBaby can produce?)? If it is not possible, can you give me some idea of why it is not and what would be required to make it possible?

So far though the project sound awesome, I look forward to being able to print mechanical parts one day grinning smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login