Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Keeps stopping mid print

Posted by jeffwilson 
Keeps stopping mid print
October 23, 2011 09:48PM
I just retired my old techzone electronics and upgraded to Ramps 1.3 with RepSnapper.

I am trying to do calibration and test prints, but I keep running into the same problem again and again, the machine glitches and stops after a few minutes of printing. It will do the first layer and then somewhere in the second layer it hangs up and freezes, but not in the same place each time. I have repeated the glitch 5 times now with 2 different gcode files. Nothing feels like it is overheating, and I even put a fan on the Ramps board just in case but it keeps happening.
Re: Keeps stopping mid print
October 31, 2011 09:20PM
when you say in the same place with 2 different files, do you mean the same line? I am having a similar problem with Repsnapper and gen 3 electronics. No matter what combination of G-Code, firmware version etc.. it seems to fail at line 1446. I played with the temp refresh rate as well as the buffer value in the repsnapper preferences but to no avail.
November 16, 2011 07:02PM
Do you get any errors reported in the log that repsnapper produces? Alternatively are you using ubuntu and getting usb resets due to EMI? To check the latter fire up a terminal window and run:

grep EMI /var/log/syslog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2011 07:19PM by CeeThreeEs.
November 18, 2011 09:23AM
I switched to pronterface and marlin firmware which resolved my problems. My appopogies for forgetting to explain my resolve in the thread for so long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login